Victoria reports Fall/Winter 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Scott, they're starting to trickle in...i've heard from the rumour mill there's the odd mini slab= :)

fished the bank Tuesday...only one other boat out...fished 9 to noon...released one typical 5 pounder.
Generally DEAD

waterfront picking up

some nice winter springs in the higher teens in the brotchie ledge AREA brought in to the ESQUIMALT ANGLERS last few days ,few seals showing ,most up the gorge chasing the coho around

That is good news, we've all been waiting patiently for some larger winter springs to move in.
hopefully some bait arrives and holds those fish !

Yes let's here it boys why so many boats today ,lots of bait out there .I hope there were springs today?

Waterfront was good yesterday. 11 hits, 8 hookups and 6 fish to the boat. Kept 3. Two hatcheries which were 7 and 8 pounds respectively and one wild fish that was an even 10 pounds. Chilly day. Hootchies at 150 and 165 feet. Didn't bounce the bottom today. Instead I tired to keep the gear about 10 feet off the bottom and it seemed to work well. Each fish had recently eaten a large herring. Did not see any bait on the sounder at all but it must be out there somewhere. No seal problems for us but they were lurking around.

We had similar results 8,10,10 lbs unclipped, released 4 small and lost another decent fish to a seal.
after fighting it for about 20mins, it broke off the flasher and hootchie.

:DYou gotta tackle up heavier for those seals. They're tough buggers but give you a good fight. I regularly troll with 10 lb chinook for my seals. Good bait!:D

:DYou gotta tackle up heavier for those seals. They're tough buggers but give you a good fight. I regularly troll with 10 lb chinook for my seals. Good bait!:D

I also use Chinooks for seal bait and when I land one use it cut plugged for non resident killer whales (I have yet to boat one).LOL

H.E.H.

Good results on a quick fish this afternoon for me on the flats. Got out about 2pm -- nada for the first hour and then 4 fish in rapid succession over 15 minutes. Kept 2 and called it a day. BBQ warming up right now!

Lots of action off Brotchie - 8 hits, lost 2 to seals, 5 popped the release clip and were gone in seconds, and one 15 1/2 pound spring made it into the boat. All of the action was on a Army Truck coyote, dragging the bottom in 100 feet of water on the east side of Brotchie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some really good news I'd like to forward from the counting fence down behind Montana's grill (Tillicum Mall) a record? amount of Coho(162) 1 day total were counted & helped over the fence by Chris Bos/others..nice to know things can only get better with help from others thanx to Chris,Barrie & the others? who dedicate their time..I'll try to get the pics out with the (help of lippy)that Rob H sent to me...
Cheers!..sammy

Some really good news I'd like to forward from the counting fence down behind Montana's grill (Tillicum Mall) a record? amount of Coho(162) 1 day total were counted & helped over the fence by Chris Bos/others..nice to know things can only get better with help from others thanx to Chris,Barrie & the others? who dedicate their time..I'll try to get the pics out with the (help of lippy)that Rob H sent to me...
Cheers!..sammy

great news slabber! big thanks to all you great people that made this happen.

beemer

Cheers!..sammy

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?17689-Victoria-Local....-WIN&p=205944#post205944

Back to some Vic reports...

Cheers!..sammy

This will get your blood boiling...

http://www.timescolonist.com/Home+spill+kills+salmon+pollutes+Saanich+waterways/5769491/story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back