Victoria Reports 2015

Trolled Oak Bay Flats from 9am to about 11:45. Had one strike on a white hoochie w/ purple haze flasher near Brodie Rock. Not much going on out there it seems. We picked up lines and headed for the breakwater. Did a couple of passes but nothing going.

Afternoon shift on the flats yesterday from 1:30 to 4:30... not a sniff. The odd bit of bait around and some birds but pretty quiet

My thanks go out to Wolf for a great day out Hali fishing on Saturday ! Thanks to the crew too as it was great time spent. Despite stong winds and it increasing, just managing to get out there seemed a success ....and also managed to have decent Hali action to boot -including a brief double header. Wolf also made anchoring in windy conditions look smooth and easy - a true pro at work!

gale.jpg30lber.jpg

Fished pedder bay, for 2 hours at 240 ft for Hali's nothing not even a bite , moved east toward constance fished the edge at 315 ft for 1.5 and nothing moved up to a consistent spot off trial on the constance fingers nothing.following the flood up. Nice day out there though. Anybody else have any luck today?

out last monday and thurs for tide change on connie. landed one for seven but had some good battles. all pin poppers. on thurs landed two of five. all pin poppers again and sealed once. all on iron needlefish and andrew p. as always dummy flashers only. fish stuffed with needlefish.

6-8 lbs hatch

JL

Picked up one this morning, right by brotchie. 135' on the rigger in 125' feet of water. Purple haze JDF anchovy running a yellow green mist dummy flasher .
Not bad for a shakedown run for the new kicker, except for running over the 12' log :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrived at the boat this afternoon to find my downriggers stolen off the boat.P----- Off,but went to Constance anyways,jigged up a nice 15lb. hatchery.Seemed like most people out there were doing well,especially the Tinny guide boat.I guess I'm in the market for 2 new riggers now,with locks this time.I'm not sure how much my deductable is,probably $500,so the good for nothings put me out of pocket at least that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back