Victoria Reports 2015

Did pretty well out at Constance this morning. A 10lb and an 11lb, both on an Andrew P spoon. Sure was a perfect day out there. Nice load of crabs on the way in too.

image.jpg

Got this beaut Saturday off Discovery.
Had to throw it back because he was wild.
They're out there!!
Also had another smaller fish.

Cheers.

Beautiful fish ,thank God you had to let him go so he could be killed at the mouth of the river he spawned at in a net!!!!!! LOL

As noted in the Nanaimo thread a few days ago, please keep the reports threads for fishing reports only. If you have issues or questions on a different topic start a new thread.

Brian

Fished Oak Bay for the first time Sunday morning 8-11:00 picked up 12-14 Hatch and lost a screamer . Both on a 5" Tomic plug . Beauty day on the water .

Late weekend report:

Was on Constance Saturday early with a buddy in his amazing new boat. We had the skunk washed off the boat within the first five minutes of having the gear down but that was it. Wild chinook just under the slot. Sandlance spoon/peetz flasher combo.

Sunday took my toddlers out to constance for the midday current change. 2 passes by a particular spot on the bank had 2 hookups....unfortunately both were taken by seals. One looked to be around the 8-10lb mark but the other was big - maybe 15-20lb and it took the seal about 10 minutes to get it off the line. Luckily I didn't lose my gear on the line....but did lose a cannon ball not paying attention while the battle was on. I called it at that and we went in for some tide pool fun which the kids loved.

Those look like a couple of chunky ones.Nice work RS.Looks like I need a couple of Andrew P spoons in the box.They
sure seem to be getting their fair share of springs.I've been a bait guy for years,but I think it's time to give the
hardware a try.

I ride one of the whale watch sleds. zipped through oak bay. lots of birds and boats. How did everyone do?

Breaking in new boar of Bag Juan's

Fished with Freddie and Bag Juan today, was supposed to be a breakin of the new boat ( to Bag Juan) Blood ever where within 20 min jigging the bank. Surrounded by seals Bag Juan jigged up a nice salmon and on stealth mode ( shut off clicker) quietly played his fish. Before he could see his fish I was into one as well. Freddie netted my fish first as I was horsing mine in watching the seals disappear beneath the surface and yelling at Cam to get his fish in before the seals got to him. Both fish were a good 12 lbs. We quickly dropped our gear again and this time Freddie was into a nice fish the biggest of the day at a good 15 lbs. Picked up two more the smallest at 10 lbs and another at 12. All hatchery and surrounded by at least 6 seals the whole time they must have been full as well. All this done between 430 and 6 this evening. A calm, warm beautiful night at the bank, a couple of boats out there trolling but never saw them into any action. Thanks again Cam for the ride....

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 544
Had to bail on the hali setup yesterday off discovery..looked out front to see the float had vanished! straight down.oh sheet, we untied and backed out..surprise surprise it was waiting for us at the surface floating proud this morning:)
Scotsman good,crab float looks like it got a good squeeze from whatever atmosphere it spent the night in.
Hit brodie on the way home and jigged up a nice 12# for dinner with mom tomorrow night!
Almost like we made $300 and a fish to boot!

Lots of boats draggin the flats.

Lots of action at Constance today. Let 2 big wilds go, lost one to a seal, lost 3 others with various excuses, and landed an 8 and a 12 to take home. All by 9 AM. AP spoon and green glo coho killer were both working for me. I sure hope this is an indication of what the summer is going to be like!

Fished the bank from 2 till 4 when it started to get a bit nasty. Picked up 3 hatch 14, 9.5 and a 8lb, lost 2 others at the surface. 2 of the fish had large 7 inch herring in them as well as needlefish. Only 2 other boats out there for the tide change.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 352
Last edited by a moderator:
Back