Victoria 2014 Reports

photo.jpg

One more pic. Most of the fish were low teens but we did get a couple smaller and a couple bigger. Of course the biggers mostly bit after the box was full and we were doing the last pass just for fun.

Craven nailed the mystery bait but look at the rest of the stomach contents the fish were mostly on needles so I don't want to mislead anyone and suggest go out there and just try to imitate squid. If your confident in your squid lures they are eating them and if your confident in your needles they are clearly eating them too. Marked some good bait at times but not tons and tons so hopefully there is enough out there to keep these fish around for awhile.

Yeah, fun night last night GDW, !! I guess Andrew had movie night with the wife. Hope it stays hot out there and Scott gets out and restores his faith. My arms are sore today but well worth it! I thank the U.S. for providing us with these fish. GDW is da'man out there, nice to know i am 10th or 11th on his list to fish with.

Attachments

• IMG_3523.jpg
    IMG_3523.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 759
Geez, it gets hot just as I go away for a week camping. Oh well, I'll hit 'em when I get back after I get back..

Yeah, fun night last night GDW, !! I guess Andrew had movie night with the wife. Hope it stays hot out there and Scott gets out and restores his faith. My arms are sore today but well worth it! I thank the U.S. for providing us with these fish. GDW is da'man out there, nice to know i am 10th or 11th on his list to fish with.

Ha! If it was movie night you would have seen me!! It was Surfrider Foundation - Raft Cove remote beach cleanup, wrap up meeting...and I had said that I would be there....I made the decision to keep integrity but not sure it was the right one...

I WILL be on the water no later than 12pm tomorrow afternoon!

I didn't say Beemer. Didn't see any other boats really be kinda nice if its like that next time too!
You got them too though I imagine they are spread over many of the usual haunts.

Actually scratch that everyone head to Sooke! Victoria still stinks.

I didn't say Beemer. Didn't see any other boats really be kinda nice if its like that next time too!
You got them too though I imagine they are spread over many of the usual haunts.

Actually scratch that everyone head to Sooke! Victoria still stinks.

HAHA ! see you out there GDW ! you can't snow the snowman!

beemer

Here fishey fishey... Where'd they go?

Got out again expecting steady action started ok released 3 9-12lbs then it went dead. One more on taken by Sammy which was not on my rod this time. I shouldnt have been so sharing the other day.

Hope somebody got on that school we found be a shame if they jet off.

Out today from 6:30am to 12:00pm. Started at Constance, experienced some weird water conditions with the ebb, completely flat calm from the middle of the bank east, standing waves middle of the bank west. Just a line in the water. Stayed for about 2 hours and only hooked up with small Lings. Went to Albert head where it was much nicer and trolled around for a couple hours without a sniff. One or two other boats in the area and I think one got a single Spring. Crabbing in the gravel pits was good. Funny enough....noticed something a little weird of the beach there and grabbed the binoculars and ya....three nudists. Lol. There was families not too far away too...

Another beautiful day out there!

I counted 31 boats and never saw a fish netted, except the 30-40 lb ling cod I netted and released. It was as wide as my boat, if not wider, and I thought I had a real big salmon on for a while..

Fished the wall all morning. Unlike yesterday, it was dead. I didn't see a single net out.

Headed from cattle to Constance at 530am to get the sunrise I missed and shake off the ski king. Small bite around 7 and let go two wild coho around 4 or 5 lb. got sloppy on the tide change, so headed toward vic. Ran across a school finning the surface near the yellow can, so dropped gear and trolled in. No luck. Worked the esquimalt side and round the breakwater. Bite at 1130 in 90 ft saw one lost and one landed about 12 lbs after a race with a seal. No other action. Trolled back to clover then a few laps of the flats. But no luck there. I did see some fish and bait on the sounder at 150 in 180 water out off the harbour mouth. Circled a few times but lost them. Suntan was the catch of the day

Trolled the breakwater this morning with 10 other boats and caught 1 pink. Didn't see another net out all morning.

Back