Victoria 2014 Reports

It's as bad as 2008 when they cancelled the Anglers derby. Last Friday was the best day at the Breakwall with over 10 big spring landed. Halibut tomorrow am.

sounds like u guys need to follow outfitters...they have been finding some slabs...yesterday looked like a mid 20's and a 22, today a 30....breakwater area...my coworker caught a 26 at the flagpole last saturday...they are out there, I guess just selective biting!

It's as bad as 2008 when they cancelled the Anglers derby. Last Friday was the best day at the Breakwall with over 10 big spring landed. Halibut tomorrow am.

Last Friday was a good day out there for sure. Other than that, pretty spotty. One fish here and there, a multi fish day has been rare but I'm not out there every day like the outfitter boats.

It's possible there have been more good days than I've experienced but, certainly the pictures from the Outfitters Facebook page make it look good but I don't think it's as good as that makes it seem.

Go these two off the front today. Neither from off the breakwater. Outfitters got a 31 out deep and on the bottom.

somebody must have caught a fish yesterday !!

View attachment 13335

Oh yeah, I should have taken a picture of Esq Anglers on my way past. One of the nice things about living so close is quick access to the water......but driving by on the way to work with glassy waters, an overflowing parking lot and finally some reports of fish makes me want to get right out there! Hope the bite is on!

Andrew--I live in Metchosin--it kills me driving into town to go to work up the gravel pit hill with guys towing their boats going the opposite direction.
T2

Oh yeah, I should have taken a picture of Esq Anglers on my way past. One of the nice things about living so close is quick access to the water......but driving by on the way to work with glassy waters, an overflowing parking lot and finally some reports of fish makes me want to get right out there! Hope the bite is on!

yeah..I was working near the Dallas Rd early in the morning, saw lots of boats fishing along the breakwater...there may be some fish around I assume.

I could not agree more. Somtimes I close my eyes if im not the one driving.

Andrew--I live in Metchosin--it kills me driving into town to go to work up the gravel pit hill with guys towing their boats going the opposite direction.
T2

Those are some beauty fish porcupine well done!

Went out in front of breakwater, from 6am-11am. Fished hard, tried bait and hoochies....great weather but ZERO action. At one point there were 25 boats around, all looking pretty disappointed! Only seen one net out real early...

I didn't hear of any fish caught today off the waterfront, but who knows, maybe someone did get one or two. Certainly no sockeye showing up for today's opener.

yes Tom...the little tinny can! :)

Back