Victoria 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
went out to constance bank friday in the dence fog,,tolling for salmon,got 2 hits on anchovie,got off,then when the fog lifted at about 1pm went over to the mud hole and drifted for halibut with herring,within 1/2 hour landed a 35lb hali,,inner harbour we got 7 big dungy keepers,,over all a good day

Fished from 10-2. Fished in front of gravel pit and towards Albert head because of the strong westerlies. . Landed a small possibly legal chinook which we released in 110 feet close to albert head. Picked up a screemer in 90' of liquid in front of gravel pit on the turn. Lost it at the boat. Had a good look and fish and it would have been over 10 lbs. great day with my father who is here from the east kootnays. Both fish caught on glow batrix anchovy with dummy flashers. Might be out tomorrow first thing and for sure out on monday. Might head to my old stomping ground in Sidney.

JL

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally got out on the chuck.... The last time out was with tigerprawn in the fall....

[BIr4To3EzK8] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIr4To3EzK8

I used up the last of my hali in early Jan so it was nice to have the weather cooperate to an extent..

Put up with a few hours of chit and abuse from this guy..

P3180006_zps45b3a6f9.jpg

It wasn't so bad though....

P3180005_zpsaa22d1fe.jpg

We had fun... Thanks again buddy
th_cheers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Seaguls sure like your boat hey? ;)

After the wind the past while it was nice to get a break and get out fishing.

It started out pretty nice.
8avedeme.jpg

The ride out didn't take long. Fresh snow on the Olympic peninsula.

u4ebaru2.jpg

And we were into the target species right of the hop.

9aquzugu.jpg

Nick reeled in this nice 30lber after Roy had us set up and fishing. Then I reeled in a 12lber that we released cause it was just barely lip hooked. After that it was quiet for a while but we pulled it off in the end. What a nice boat Roy has to fish in, especially on a cold day like today.

ry4ery6y.jpg

Nice to get out for a change. Thanks guys for a great day, just sitting at the ferry on the way home.

ataqaby2.jpg

20130322_115337.jpg My first time posting and my my first time out hali fishing since I moved to victoria a few months ago. I had a double header by myself outside of oak bay and landed this guy but lost the other one.

Congrat's. Nice fish ... and welcome to the forum.

ry4ery6y.jpg

This is what it is all about. Nice weather, nice fish, and most of all big smiles!!!

Looks like you guy's had fun. Thanks for the report firelight.

Cheers,
John

That is sweet that the weather worked for you guys...... I was hoping for ya. The last couple days have been crap.

View attachment 6519 My first time posting and my my first time out hali fishing since I moved to victoria a few months ago. I had a double header by myself outside of oak bay and landed this guy but lost the other one.

Welcome to the board.... I never knew there was halibut in Australia ;)

Four fish 15-50+(nice fish) over 4 hours. Two double headers about hour and a half before and after tide change. Let the last guy swim. Squid and herring was the ticket. First I've ever caught on a handline. Fun & something different. Busy, but not complaining!

Ya I / We had a great day with Wolfy out of Victoria. I have some videos I have yet to go through, hopefully there is one worth posting.

Great day with an awesome guide! Learned a lot from a seasoned vet, thats for sure!
Cheers!

Ya I / We had a great day with Wolfy out of Victoria. I have some videos I have yet to go through, hopefully there is one worth posting.

Great day with an awesome guide! Learned a lot from a seasoned vet, thats for sure!
Cheers!

Congrats on the great day Nick. Hope you took lots of mental notes. Now right that **** down before you forget half of it. I know I would at least.

Did you guys have any heated discussions about SVIAC? I know you have had some criticism about the group.

We left the poltics to the forums and focused on a good day of fishing. My criticism was directed more to the lack of information available to the general public from SVIAC, but I see no reason to go down that road again. Lets just say I look forward to any advancements from this group. I appreciate their efforts.

Wolf was nice enough to let me swing the gopro in any direction I wanted so I documented anchoring techniques, fillet techniques ect in video detail so nothing will be lost to this foggy memory! Lol

It was a great experience fishing Victoria, even better to do it with Roy aka Blue Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back