Victoria 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
trolled constance today . awesome day except for fog . Many boats seemed to be catching springs. We got 6 fish on, 3 in the boat. all hatchery 7-8 lbs.
all fish had bellies full of needle fish

trolled constance today . awesome day except for fog . Many boats seemed to be catching springs. We got 6 fish on, 3 in the boat. all hatchery 7-8 lbs.
all fish had bellies full of needle fish

Nice work pal! I tried Constance from 12-4 and nada for me. What time were you out there?

Fished solo from Parry Bay to Peddar Bay 830 to 1030 this morning , using spoons and squirts at 120 to 130 ft without a sniff, some bait showing as well as fish. Pulled gear and did a quick run to Whirl Bay tried anchovies at 100 ft in 100 ft of water within minutes had a pin popper thought it was a hali as there was lots of weight buit not much fight. That changed pretty quick as I got the fish to the top a couple of nice runs and a few jumps at the boat. Fish threw the hook as I was trying to net it. Had to be mid teens or better, biggest fish that I've had on this year. There is still some hope of some big winters out there....

Constance again on the troll yesterday . Currents were hard. No hits for springs. But picked up a nice little chicken in 90 ft.

IMG_0503.jpg

Nice work! I was at Constance a few days ago. I had a nice one on, probably half way to the boat when all of a sudden, my line takes off and I can't stop it. I never did see the seal, but it was obvious he got a hold of it. It was my only hit all day.

What a beauty day it was to be on the water.

Went out with the spinning rods to see if we could jig up a Spring. I love jigging. Had one about 7 pounds to the boat at Albert Head but lost it. Damn, was a prime target for the BBQ. Super chrome.

No matter, a great day out there none the less.

Not a lot of boats out today, I was surprised as I got a late start and still managed a parking spot IN THE LOT at Esquimalt Anglers. :)

Fished with a certain Mr Wolf yesterday-quite a good day is was too!

IMGP3221_zps8811e7a4.jpg

IMGP3222_zps6599957a.jpg

IMGP3223_zps636b8610.jpg

IMGP3224_zpsb6de18e7.jpg

IMGP3227_zpsd984599b.jpg

IMGP3230_zps4bfdd16b.jpg

IMGP3231_zpsd56314ca.jpg

IMGP3232_zps15e96283.jpg

IMGP3235_zps724e65a5.jpg

Here's a few more photos to add to Carl's - thanks Roy and the crew . Weather cooperated nicely and so did the Hali- Fun day for sure , thanks for show'in me the 'ropes' ( and chain,lol) and for the fun day Roy! Sunshine, light winds and 3 butts 19,32, 41

'IMG_4295res.jpgIMG_4321res.jpgIMG_4329res.jpgIMG_4343res.jpgIMG_4347res.jpgIMG_4353res.jpgIMG_4355res.jpgs

High Five you weren't alone we fished 7-2 and had nothing not a great way to start the year.

Kind of a nasty day out there, but a couple chickens in a 2 hour shift.
If you read this Bryce, sorry if we were on your spot today bud.
hope you had some luck ?

Actually strong west wind might make Juan de Fuca too rough to fish, but not so on Haro.
In fact it is often calm on a west.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back