Vancouver - rivers inlet

Ya - it's a wind funnel there - esp a SouthEast wind...

Ya I would worry more about a NW in Johnstone, did some fishing out of browns bay Years back and a 30-40 NW started flying down johnstone we planned the trip long in advance so shot some whiskey and did what 24 year old fisherman do peeked out around the marina behind the bend in browns and dropped the lines, took a couple over the bow dipped back down drowned the outboard died right there nearly got blown into Seymour narrows until another crazy ******* that was out towed us in all seconds after landing a 18 pound spring (toughest net job I've ever done) so uhhh ya I've learned my lesson on NW winds from Seymour right to QC sound. Can always tuck into Kanish bay before rounding Chatham point if winds pick up when ur in that area. Granite bay and small inlet are both very eerie but beautiful anchorages I've caught salmon casting buzz bombs while anchored in there awell

Last edited:
All of the above and if you choose to shore hug from the Broughtons beware that Slingsby channel on full ebb into north west wind will present the boater (who would be turning back at this point) with an underwear changing experience. Pick your weather windows. You will love this spectacular part of the coast. A bad blow can last several days or more in the area of your interest. Going for it is not an option....even the big tugs sit tight. However, on a good day..... (Calvert Is in the distance)Calvert to the north.jpg

Back