Vancouver Chuck

We have bin fishing 3 to 4 miles out from southarm in the afternoon. Good bite around 4 pm - 8 pm on in coming tides.We average around 8 hit's a night. With 2 or 3 good fish 12-17lbs range. Yesturday was pretty ruff but became very nice later on. We caught 4.
3 keepers all red.
We have been using green & white hoochie & black & white red eye hochie/cop car spoon. We tryed anchovy last night. Worked well at south can out in channel. The seals have taken 2 fish. Gettem in quick or loose your fish. Crabbing is hot. Limit almos every day.
Good luck out there.
Slickwater[8D]

If your fishing near end of river. We are out in straight. I have boundry map printed . Thx

Hey slickwater,

I have been having good luck out there as well, same deal, haven't run into any seals out that far yet though.

Commercial crabbing should open soon, so get em while you can!

Getbent

Good to here Getbent. Its nice to be catching some nice salmon localy.
We normally go to our cabin close to Uclulet. I guesss this year I can fish halibut alot more with salmon going in freezer already.
Taking boat back to other side at end of July for rest of year.
Slickwater [8D]

Hay Spring time.
Dawn is away gotta get out and play.
Heading back out in an hour. Sounds like its windy tomorrow.
We will get to gether soon. Maybe pass you on river later.
Slickwater.

Kicked it at Thrasher, limit of 6 at 150 to 170...couple miles out, bait and 3.5" army truck coyote was the ticket, 2 double headers...lost a couple of beauties boat side...biggest in was 23.

Lings were good to

Getbent

same as Get Bent, limited out at Thraser, nice fish most were reds. Rough ride over, **** on a plate back. Dropped crab traps at Jetty at end of north arm, is this a good area?? or did we get robbed as only one tiny crab there.

Great reports guy's. Cool you limited out cammer. Glad you had good sea's on your trip. Thanks for the report!

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Cammer...ive had pretty good luck there in the past, crab were slow for us yesterday as well at the South arm.
What kinda boat do you run?

Getbent

No shortgage of large Dungeness crabs yesterday a.m. 500 yards south of the Point Grey Bell Buoy. Salmon fishing at the QA was definitely slower than the Thrasher Rock reports though ... kept one and lost one.

Bent, we were in a 19 foot river boat, Nahanni- Marathon (black sides), our friends also did well out there in the 21' Blue and white cuddy cabin, they stayed over night

Fished 4 hours Sat. One white spring in 14-15 lb 2 other hits .Was slower day.
Should have went to thrasher. Big diffrance on low tide. 7 crabs.
We had some good porpoise action untill they swam into downrigger line & went wild. line went sideways & lost 15lb ball & clip .:(
Scotty Down rigger clips on sale this week army & navy 8.99
Slickwater

Hey Boys,

Having a little derby with the boys over at thrasher this weekend... Whats been working for hootchies? spoons? What kind of bait should I take over, chovies or herring? Are most of the fish being caught offshore of Thrasher or has the Grande been producing as well? Thanks for any info lads...[8D]

Demco,
Who all you letting in the derby? Is it open to all:D

See the previous posts...lots of good info there from the guy's that have been fishing it. It was good for us both 2 to 3 miles off and in tight on the light. I have been running chovies.

Getbent

Had two good knocks off Cowans on Sunday afternoon. Fished for about 2 hours before my crew felt a bit green. Did see 3 smaller fish caught around us.

buddy fished across at Thrasher today, bit rougher go of it, didnt find as many as sunday but managed a nice one /3 anglers, and lost a couple keepers more, looks like these fish are movers and shakers.

Our local South Bowen haunts have some fish there from what I've been hearing. The Orcas were by again today. Hopefully they picked off a few of those local seals.

Back