Vancouver Chuck

thanks Decoy, i got up today at 400am and clicked on Env. Can website and found the green zone had turned to a red warning zone for south G straight, then i clicked on i tunes and played Bob Marley.... Jamming...... yep ended up jamming on the trip and jumped back in the fart sack. Fishing Magician and his report the day b4 at QA meant it was thrasher or nadda, thanks for all reports this weekend, peace

Hey Cam,

Was over at the property all weekend and went out off Thrasher Saturday and today. Lumpy both days with the Northwest on Saturday and the SE today. Had a couple of Flatlander friends from work and they cut both trips short due to puking. Got one at 15lb.s on Saturday and today we got 1 at 10 lbs., another just under size and a shaker. Pretty sure I coulda limited today if I had a couple of experienced crew with me. Anchovie at 175 was the magic.

We shoudl try to coordinate a weekend on the rock sometime.

Cheers

Thanks for the update Coop, it was not in our cards this weekend, we were up and down like a yoyo on attempts to fish, seems like not going probably was our best choice, didnt sound red hot over there? with the size our craft, there was no crossing anytime in recent history. Now we await Ukee reports to be consistent and good, we will be fishing out of Nanaimo for sure this year as a friend who lives right there just bought a 24 trophy, so it will be there or in Ukee and we can definitely hook up. Was there any prawning or crabbing for you this w/end?? Also, are those fish reds?

Both springs were marbled, crabbing was so-so, but I am still trying to figure out the best crab and prawn spots outta ladysmith or Yellow point. Only two other boats off Thrasher at 11 when it was lumpy. manageable as long as you ran a down wind tack and then roared back and started over again. Nice to hear about the 24 Trophy. Tight Lines Cam

Well..I get home from work to find this on my email...my buddy is telling me how good the fishing is... thanks bud...make me feel bad for working today......

He was using Anchovies at 95-125' and Green Glow Coyote Spoons off the Hump. He was the only boat out there.

FishingToday.jpg

So is Ambleside now closed? [V]

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

That's what every fisherman comes here for: a bit of good news about how to get after some local fish! :D

excellent news off the HUMP FM, what a haul(awesome).... i heard from a friends friend that thrasher was red hot on weekend, Cant substantiate it but all in all sounds good locally, question with that algae bloom, anyone ever lost a fish due to extreme buildup at last eye of rod tip?

excellent news off the HUMP FM, what a haul(awesome).... i heard from a friends friend that thrasher was red hot on weekend, Cant substantiate it but all in all sounds good locally, question with that algae bloom, anyone ever lost a fish due to extreme buildup at last eye of rod tip?

Never lost, but certainly come close! It can build up so bad that it becomes almost impossible to reel.

Never lost, but certainly come close! It can build up so bad that it becomes almost impossible to reel.

i called west Vancouver about Ambleside and a lady told me it would be open most of spring, also there was a meeting set up to fight for keeping the Launch Open, i would call WV city and ask, this closure is largely due to walkers worried about getting hit by boat trailers as they launch, cant believe that

i called west Vancouver about Ambleside and a lady told me it would be open most of spring, also there was a meeting set up to fight for keeping the Launch Open, i would call WV city and ask, this closure is largely due to walkers worried about getting hit by boat trailers as they launch, cant believe that

quote:Originally posted by cammer

Hey Cammer,

I can't say that I've lost a fish due to algae build up on the rod tip. Thrasher did have some good action on the weekend. I know that Saturday produced a few fish, Sunday was very good for one boat, landing several nice fish and blowing off as many, and hooking a few nice Lings...one which was a real monster---that they let go/lost.

Get yer fish on!

FM.

quote:Originally posted by cammer

Hey Cammer,

I can't say that I've lost a fish due to algae build up on the rod tip. Thrasher did have some good action on the weekend. I know that Saturday produced a few fish, Sunday was very good for one boat, landing several nice fish and blowing off as many, and hooking a few nice Lings...one which was a real monster---that they let go/lost.

Get yer fish on!

FM.

Looking to make a run to Thrasher on Sunday from the South arm...anybody want to run acrosss? Probably be heading across around 9, gotta wait for the fuel dock to open, then drop the traps.

Getbent

Looking to make a run to Thrasher on Sunday from the South arm...anybody want to run acrosss? Probably be heading across around 9, gotta wait for the fuel dock to open, then drop the traps.

Getbent

In fact I have been thinking on doing a run to Thrasher, but the weather has been unsettled lately. Hmmm....

quote:Originally posted by getbent

Getbent

PM sent....

Back