URGENT: Southern Resident Killer Whale Recovery - DFO Online Survey-Deadline March 2nd (Salmon Fishing Area Closures 2022)

There are boats in the straight now supporting the freedom convoy. Trucks into Victoria and boats into the harbour. Get over your dislike for the convoy and take a page out of their book. Strategy seems pretty sound. If it all works out that POS Trudeau might be gone sooner than later. You know his enviro allies. We are going nowhere with libs in power.
I don’t think those convoys and blockades are winning much support

Yeah the 2 week protest that got mandates lifted in most provinces is what is killing small business, not the over 2 years of unreasonable lockdowns. Anyhow, I filled the survey out and added comments. Most questions didn’t have an answer available that wasn’t pro- closure.

Yeah the 2 week protest that got mandates lifted in most provinces is what is killing small business, not the over 2 years of unreasonable lockdowns. Anyhow, I filled the survey out and added comments. Most questions didn’t have an answer available that wasn’t pro- closure.

Disagree with you strongly on that comment.

Anyways thanks for filling out survey.

Last edited:
Its a marathon, after the survey then every thing with be sent to the minister, then that's going to be a time to hit her with letters.

Nowhere in that survey does it have a NONE option. Im not choosing one because I disagree

What I don't understand is why would people of Canada ( our elected government officials ) want a huge tax input reduction and are willing to hurt small business in BC? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If DFO cant figure out how to manage the fishery for food, commercial and sport then fuuuck me... were a joke of a country. Its human rights at this point. We don't have a say. The decision has already been made. Even if they choose the obvious less painful option, it puts their foot in the door for another one soon to come. Thats their style. When they should just manage the fishery and realize what built this place. Total joke

Nowhere in that survey does it have a NONE option. Im not choosing one because I disagree

What I don't understand is why would people of Canada ( our elected government officials ) want a huge tax input reduction and are willing to hurt small business in BC? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If DFO cant figure out how to manage the fishery for food, commercial and sport then fuuuck me... were a joke of a country. Its human rights at this point. We don't have a say. The decision has already been made. Even if they choose the obvious less painful option, it puts their foot in the door for another one soon to come. Thats their style. When they should just manage the fishery and realize what built this place. Total joke
I concur. The decision has already been made. The survey and them pretending to listen to what we have to say and to consider our proposals is all smoke and mirrors. We have gone down this road year after year and all the emails, voice-mail messages left on dfo and politicians office lines have got us nothing. I refuse to continue playing this stupid game they are offering where they tell us to dress up like a clown and clap our hands like a buffoon so that they would consider what we have to say.... in reality they (DFO, first national, and NGOs) are all laughing at how stupid and gullible we are.

What is happening is the continual stripping away of our rights to land a fish or 2 to enjoy with family and friends. It's also taking away our children's rights since these decision will not be reversed any time soon.. if we could at least get 25% of the rec sector out making a stick and pushing back against these measures, perhaps it would make a difference. But writing letters and filling out surveys is NOT going to get us anywhere. Have we not gone through this same song and dance for past few years?

Its a marathon, after the survey then every thing with be sent to the minister, then that's going to be a time to hit her with letters.
Yes....WMY But you know as well as I do that will not happen. The only time we, as legitimate resource users stood up for our passion was during the halibut allocation fight. This time its about beautiful whales.....

I'll
I don't really care any more you guys do what you want. Same theme every year.

I am getting as many people to fill it out my end. I get being mad at it, but I don't suggest we all roll over and not fill it out. That too me is completely stupid, and I won't personally give the NGO groups that satisfaction.

You tell me how your actually helping with this one?

I was emailed that pdf the day it was leaked. Threw it right in the garbage

Ps. I'm def not rolling over for anyone. I've had talks about this for over 3 weeks now with elders of FN, DFO, the commercial fleet, list goes on.

Should fill it anyway regardless. It's a numbers game. Don't wan't to see NGO with ten of thousands and us a few hundred. It looks like we are small group opposed.
Small group opposed, like the truckers… Think of them as you loose areas all up and down the coast over the next few years. Minority always gets screwed. Truckers, sport fishers not much difference. Both just want to be herd and REAL SCIENCE to be used. DFO don’t care about your noise just like liberals don’t care about the honking. At the end of the day the big dogs will do what they want and give you no NONE options like in the survey. Bend you to their will eventually. So as you sit there with your 3/4/5/6 jabs felling safe and mighty condemning the convoy remember you are a small group member and you drive a truck with a propeller and soon wont be allowed inside most places on this ocean to do what you enjoy.

I'll

You tell me how your actually helping with this one?

I was emailed that pdf the day it was leaked. Threw it right in the garbage

Ps. I'm def not rolling over for anyone. I've had talks about this for over 3 weeks now with elders of FN, DFO, the commercial fleet, list goes on.

You have done more than others and that is good thing. I just don't want to see DFO use the number of people filling this out against us. Numbers matter.

Last edited:

Problem? Two of my clients in Ottawa businesses are shutdown now over 3 weeks from your convey. That is a fact. They had to lay off all staff, and one may not re-open again. Tell me how that doesn't hurt small business?

Anyways not sure why people are trying to keep bring this up. Plenty of other Facebook sites to push that message if you want.

Last edited:
Back