Two Questions

Again... I had line creep issues with my brand new Islander MR3 when I purchased it last year. I was pissed off as I thought I had purchased the best reel available. I called Islander and they asked me to bring it by. 2 days later it works like a dream. I am very very happy with it.
Don't give up on your reel. Contact Islander. Their service was excellent.

Tips

Acptin downnrigger and slabby get it good job guys !!
Hey graham dont you thhink and islander for the amout of money they cost should work great right from the get go?????

I now have 4 trophy Q-xr almost the same as an mr3 but at a 1/3 of the price and NEVER have had line creep at all this is the 4th year for 2 of them and there just as good as when i first got them not bad for 240 bucks works out to 60 bucks a year for a reel I say great return as im VERY happy with there performance for sure!!!!

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I pop them on my boat because I have manual DR's. When I go on a friend's boat with electrics, I let the DR do the work especially since seeing him break his rod and one of the shattered pieces give a deep gash about 1 cm below his eyeball.

Line Creep fix..pull the reel apart,clean the cork drag with somekind of a grease cleaner,apply a synthetic reel grease the size of a grain of rice to the cork disc.Finish the mating surface of the drag surface on the spool with a new 600 grit or old 400 grit paper..YOU WHAT TO CUT THE GLAZE FINISH a bit.WORKS for me!

Wolf - I sure do. That is why I was pissed and took it straight to Islander.
I like the Trophies also... but I like my Islander better:D

Tips

It seems quite a few people have the line creep problem with the MR3's, I bet a lot of people would benefit from a youtube video of your procedure Wildwest.

quote:Too many rods are broken from trying to remove the main line from the clip (release)

Never have I seen this once - my god how deep are you setting your clip???

Its obviously up to the person as to how they want to do it, I'd rather not sit beside the rigger and real in slack while the dr brings up the gear.

Just pop it, hit your dr switch and take a slam from your beer while it comes up.

Back