Tuna fishing with an under 28' boat

This thread really did get off topic and I may have helped it along a bit, sorry about that. I did see this though and it might be a great starting point. It's not mine I just saw it http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/solid-23-hourston-_18377716

If that hull is really nice and comes with many bonuses like all the lights working, bilge pumps, depth sounder, maybe some hydrolic steering then maybe ,but otherwise a skeleton of a hull is not worth $6500 IMO. Lots of guys redo floors and stringers thinking it ads value to a hull. It just doesn't unless it yours because you just never know what was done down there: if you have to buy something like this, drill some holes before you buy it. check for wet and rot in the supposed new structure. Also the tops of the stringers must be glassed. You just really have no way of knowing what you have.

Your far better off to go get a skeleton of a hull for up to 700$ and and start from scratch. Do the floor yourself and wire all the lights and put everything in, pumps, kicker mount, fuel lines, steering, electronics, safety stuff, If when you are done that and you haven't gone over $6500 then you are doing good.

The add really does not say much about the boat really. A picture would be appropriate.

I also think 28 feet is huge for off shore although it would be luxurious on the bottom not so easy on the wallet fuel wise.

Back