Trailerable boat that sleeps 6???

Mr. Smithers

Hi folks.
I'm looking to move up from our 20ft Harbourcraft to a larger boat to accommodate our growing family. We would like something trailerable but would also like to be able to sleep 6 just in case the kids want to bring friends. I've been looking at 27ft Orcas and sea sports but would like a little more room. Anyone have any ideas on what I should be looking at? We have a budget of around 75K.
Thanks in advance

A 27 Orca will only sleep 3 -if you put a stacked berth in the cuddy-a sea sport or Orca are not the answer.

when i do a family or multiple buddy trip i like setting up a tarp and a couple cots on the back deck.... snorers sleep outside.

when i do a family or multiple buddy trip i like setting up a tarp and a couple cots on the back deck.... snorers sleep outside.

that's what we do also... 2 foldout cots out in the back with a tarp. and we usually put someone up on the pilothouse roof. (there are handrails up there) sleeping under the stars on nice nights... guys usually prefer to sleep outside rather than inside the pilothouse. myself included...

Finding something that will sleep 6 and still be trailerable is going to be a feat. I would go for a boat that sleeps 4 and for the odd time the kids bring the extra 2 friends, throw a tent into the boat and plan on being somewhere they can get ashore.

I guess it depends on how big of truck u have 1/2 don't think so. 1 Ton maybe I seen a guy with a little semi towing like a 38 footer down the hill into Bella coola pretty hairy. That boat would have sleep 6 plus

Bayliner 288/2858. Huge king sized v-berth. Double sized quarter berth that can sleep 3 kids plus dinette that converts to a double. Boat is trailerable but needs a decent sized truck as its about 9000lbs without trailer. Owned one for the past 4 seasons.

Thanks for the info. I've found 1 osprey out of Alaska that has the room I'm looking for but they want 100k for it and with exchange rate, it out of my league. I've only got a heavy half ton truck (11,000lb GVW) so I think my options are limited. We fish mostly out of Rupert and the weather isn't always the greatest for sleeping outside but it kinda sounds like we will have to go with something that sleeps 4 and I'll just get the back deck and a tarp!

Also try to find a Striper 2600 Sport Cabin. V-berth plus quarter berth plus convertable dinette. Not as big as the 288 but easier for you to tow as they are about 6000lbs.

Bayliner Discovery 246 or 266 is similar to the Striper 2600 Sport Cabin that TenMile just mentioned in that the dinette folds down and is connected to the V-berth making an extra large bed, and there is a quarter berth also. Sleeping six inside would be tight but it is trailerable with a half ton.

The bayliner 246 and 266 are the same boat just different years are really nice. I know some people don't like bayliners but this is one of my favorite hull designs. Flat cockpit with no engine cover, hardtop and all the fishing is don't not in your living area. I think you could sleep 4 kids and 2 adults inside without a problem. It will be 8-9k trailer weight it will be a struggle but you will be legal to tow it. There are 3 beds and you will be able to find near new boat for less then you wanted to spend.

Correct you are JAC. Although to say it has three beds is generous, but it'd do the trick for kids.

I've seen a few of the 246/266 boats for around 50k. Make sure you get the 5.7L engine, the 5.0 wouldn't be adequate with a full load.

Also try to find the bravo 3. Jones boys had one that was fully rigged super low hours for 50k on a trailer

Back