The Miss Eliza

Sculpin

Tidal Chaos and myself were fortunate to be able to hook up with Goatram from Bloodydecks this past weekend. I met John Risser (Goatram) about 4 years ago after corresponding with him on the Aluminum Alloy Boats forum. I have had the privilege of him offering up his home for the last three Seattle boat show tours. Fishtofino, Finished Business, and now Tidal Chaos can speak for his stand up character. He is a great guy. I am proud to call him my friend and he has been building a kick azz aluminum fishing boat called the Miss Eliza.

When Fishtofino and I went down he had just bought her. When FB and I went down he was racing to get her ready for fishing season. Well this year when TC and I went down, she is almost done. There is some interior work that needs to be finished and John is doing a great job.

He is in full blown work mode so there is lot's of tools, materials, etc. in the photos but you can get the drift.

Here she is out of the shop and in the lean -to.

John and his son along with a welder from Munson boats have been doing a great job on her. The idea's from looking at various boats at the shows etc. has helped a lot over the last couple of years.

I told him there isn't enough rocket launchers lol.

One of the Bloody Deckers have come up with a name for his shop. Risseriser Boat Works. Hence the RBW lit up with kick azz led's.

Continued.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking aft.....

The kick azz homemade bait tank.

The new side door just finished.

A couple of shot of exterior cabin bulkhead.

Continued....

Spectacular boat, great attention to detail. If the back rack of rocket launchers has the same number as the front he has room for 30 rods!?!? Excessive?

The interior.

Lot's of custom stuff done for the Wallas heater install. Pretty wild. SS pipe bent at a muffler shop etc.

Anyway's I hope some alloy enthusiasts can appreciate these photos. Thought I would share. Even the tupperware loving TC was impressed lol.

We have invited the Goat up North many a time and I think he may bight this summer I'm hoping.

Cheers,
Sculpin.

Spectacular boat, great attention to detail. If the back rack of rocket launchers has the same number as the front he has room for 30 rods!?!? Excessive?

12 more rocket launchers above the front windshield and another 6 around the bait tank. The boat is going to be unbelievable when it is done. He has a lot of small ideas he wants to do yet that he found at the boat show. This boat will be a tuna slayer when it is done.

I'm feeling a little light headed..............must be the blood rush ;-)

So is she a re-fit or brand new? Motors and bottom paint on already etc...

I tried to explain to my wife that the reason I bought another rod on Saturday was for the eventuality that I may one day have to fill that many rocket launchers. She counted 30 as well. I only have about 12 salt rods.

thanks 2 pages down, 23 to go. Very cool.

Yup. She's been a big project LOL!!!

I can't wait to see her completed. What a job. The guy has been pouring it into her from day one.

There is a photo around of her ripping out of LaPush. I will try to dig it up.

Cheers,
John

Sick lookin rig, love all the glass and the double doors. Will be nice and bright with great vissabilty.

Wow. That thing is a war machine!

J.R. is a hell of a fab man and designer. Thanks for posting John, I was always curious about this vessel, likely the most interesting boat of the Seattle boat show experience! lol

edit: what ever came of Tin Lizzy?

Very cool that guy must own a lot of rods. I wonder what brand or where he bought the holders that are inside his boat over head? I would like to buy some

Very cool that guy must own a lot of rods. I wonder what brand or where he bought the holders that are inside his boat over head? I would like to buy some

A friend of his made them for him. So unforyunately I don't know that you can buy that exact style!

I found the photo of her ripping out of La Push last year. I believe it was her maiden fishing trip. She hauls azz with those twin 250's:cool:.

She catches fish. Westport tuna fishing this past summer.

Bloody Decks salute;). Celebrating after another hard days work on her:cool:.

Back