Telegraph Cove

Man its a small world. GF is Jaimie Parton, who's sister Toril is married to Grey Turner. I was over at their place just after christmas. Wonderful people! Serengeti whats your family name?

I'll be heading up there from the 17th to 21st. I'll give a report when I get back.

One of the guides at sunds picked up 4 this morning up to 27, but I'm not sure where from. I'll post more details if I can get them; however, I think he just had a good day, still a little spotty I understand.

cheers

Hey CD

He picked up the fish between Lizzard and Doneagle, and yes he was the lucky one. Apparently only three other fish were caught there. He caught them on a green/blue (I presume teaser head) and, as I asked earlier, a Mustard and Relish[?], all at ~85'.

Halibut has been real slow, with a few being caught here and there, but not a lot around right now. Tons of bait everywhere.

Wolf, Deewar25,CD and Kelly, nice pic's!!! We have not seen a sun rise like that if a week or so, every morning is cloudy and foggy, then burns off in the afternoon.

Cheers

SS

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

yeah, small world CD, Alisha knows Jaimie, but through Toril...apparently Toril and Grey are moving down here for the summer and then ending up in Courtenay - they don't usually stay up there forever. I'm hoping mid July I can take a trip up there, but we have a busy summer, so may have to wait another year.

Ya they are moving down on the 23rd. I know that because I'm currently moving out of my apartment so they can stay in it in vic to deliver their 2nd - then they're plan is courtenay. anyways, this is probably annoying for everyone else. Might see you around sometime!

cheers

Planning a trip in Mid July to the area again. For the last twenty years or so have ussually stayed in the Echo bay / forward harbour at a relatives logging camp. This were in Alder Bay, not familar with the fishing so thanks for the heads up. Hows the prawning and crabbing around this side.

2550 Pursuit CC

Just came back from Telegraph Cove 3 guys 8 fish total largest 26 lbs rest 15 - 22 lbs. Not a lot caught, largest heard was 40 lbs last week at Flower Island. Did not see to much in the way of halibut but prawning was OK. Good luck hope the weather is better.

PS Lots of crap in the water high tides.
quote:Originally posted by darinb

HEADING UP TO ALDER BAY THIS WEEKEND ANY REPORTS ?

Beacon

12.jpg

Flower always seems to produce some big king. Gotta love bold head and the wall too!

Let's Go Canucks!

I was up there thursday till today, like you said not tonnes of fish but not bad. best day was today. including ours i saw 12 get caught from lizard point to donegal head (malcom island) this morning. biggest was low 30's. what were you using for a set up?

our most productive was 4ft leader, purple haze flash, purple haze teaser.

fished in 70-100ft water, lines were 55-90

Fished same deeps and lines were out the same. Caught fish on green and white hoochies and anchovies. Will be taken the wife back for the long weekend in Aug. for 5 days ope it picks up. Went up there last year same time and the fish were in.

Beacon

12.jpg

a little bit of an update for both TC and PM

Well the wind finally died and I made it out onto the water today. Fished the usual spot and the fish are around.

Picked up two springs, 28 and 15 and two coho. Lost a couple more and released 4 small springs. NO more stinger hooks!!!!;)

The 28 lbs
P7030007.jpg

not sure about the grin....:D[:p]

Took it on a chovie and green flasher at 55'

Looks like the fish might be here this year.

Port McNeill a bit of a scare here yesterday as three guys, two in their late teens and a young 20 yo fliped a boat last night and barely lived. Two had advanced stages of Hyopthermia and one was not much better. They can thank a guy who happened to be travelling home and saw them. The boat, a 17' Lifetimer and all attached stuff was lost.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Thanks

The wife and I will be back up in telegraph cove for the long weekend in Aug. Hope to see you out there I think I know your boat and nice catch. I will may be checking for an update with you closer to July 30 Thanks again

Beacon

12.jpg

Was out today and it is still pretty consistant.

Had the in-laws up and took out her dad. Caught a limit of 7-8 lbs coho and a couple of springs a 12 and a white 23. Canning them as we speak.

Fished the back side of Malcohm and caught the fish on blue/silver cuttle fish and anchovie. Lots of boats out and the bite is from daylight to ~9 am, then the switch is turned off and it a fish here and there after that. The tides are looking better as the week goes, so should be some good fishing all week.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Just up visiting my girlfriend who works in Sointula. It is very good up there right now. Talked to the guys at Sunds - On saturday boats came in with up to 6 springs and lots of halibut and coho, sunday was a bit slower but still a fair few fish of all kinds. Monday they fished until 9 and it was HOT! Biggest were 41 then 30, and I think the most on a boat was 4 springs. Pretty good, especially considering the last few seasons up there. I got out Sunday morning in a friends boat but my gf had to work at 730 so we didn't get much time. We had one nice one on but lost it - kickin myself for not going out monday but I HATE driving tired and was doing 5 hours back to Vic later that day.

Hey SS
We are still planning on making a run up your way... will give you a shout before we leave.
By the way, nice fish!!
Anyway, trip your way was postponed because my buddy had a business trip into Sandspit... couldn't resist and booked 2 days fishing with Tom at Cartwright Sound Charters... great people to deal with... one of the most relaxed and enjoyable charters I've been on... plus got in some great action... the run through the "gap" to the westcoast is pretty special in itself...
I'll try and post a couple of pics...

Much slower today.

Caught a hatchery coho, a wild coho and had a good spring break me off, missed a nick about 6" from the swivel:(. Released a few other coho. The radio was very quite today, the odd boat was catching few springs and the odd coho. We came in at noon, the creel gal said we had the second and third fish of the day, for 11 boats checked. The Killer Whales went through about 9 this morning and were still there when we left. The coho and springs will be scattered for a bit now:D.

Will give it a rest and if the weather is good, go to WH on Saturday.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Hey there SS,

I am planning on heading up there this weekend (boating up from Comox with wife and kids) and looking for a good place (for amenities and price) for moorage. Also, maybe on a following trip, I can interest you in a free fishing trip aboard my boat and you can show me some of the hotspots, etc.

let me know if you are interested...i have a 27 foot bayliner (2655) all outfitted. A couple of years ago I moored in Hardy and the last 2 years I was in Tahsis but the kids and wife like the calmer weather of the strait

thanks,[^][8D]

quote:Originally posted by sharkbait

Hey there SS,

I am planning on heading up there this weekend (boating up from Comox with wife and kids) and looking for a good place (for amenities and price) for moorage. Also, maybe on a following trip, I can interest you in a free fishing trip aboard my boat and you can show me some of the hotspots, etc.

let me know if you are interested...i have a 27 foot bayliner (2655) all outfitted. A couple of years ago I moored in Hardy and the last 2 years I was in Tahsis but the kids and wife like the calmer weather of the strait

thanks,[^][8D]

Hey Sharkbait

Best place for the family would be right here in McNeill, as you can then go to some greesy spoons, shop at the food stores and get fuel. if you want to fish Cluxewe, top end of Malcohlm ect. then this is closer to travel.

http://www.portmcneill.com/pmplus.html
http://www.town.portmcneill.bc.ca/harbour.html

The other good place is Telegraph Cove. It has a whale museum, a couple good places to eat and nice and friendly people. It is about 30 minutes south of McNeill on the water. if you want to fish the lower areas like Lizard Pt, Donagal Head, Bold Bluff Etc, then this is closer for travelling.

http://www.telegraphcove.ca/tcv/index.cfm
http://www.telegraphcoveresort.com/lodging.html

Let me know when you are back up and I will get the day off for a trip.

The fishing has really dropped off, but with big tides and a high pressure system moving in, the fish should start showing back up.......

any other question let me know.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Hey there SS,

thanks,[^][8D]

Hey Sharkbait

Best place for the family would be right here in McNeill, as you can then go to some greesy spoons, shop at the food stores and get fuel. if you want to fish Cluxewe, top end of Malcohlm ect. then this is closer to travel.

http://www.portmcneill.com/pmplus.html
http://www.town.portmcneill.bc.ca/harbour.html

The other good place is Telegraph Cove. It has a whale museum, a couple good places to eat and nice and friendly people. It is about 30 minutes south of McNeill on the water. if you want to fish the lower areas like Lizard Pt, Donagal Head, Bold Bluff Etc, then this is closer for travelling.

http://www.telegraphcove.ca/tcv/index.cfm
http://www.telegraphcoveresort.com/lodging.html

Let me know when you are back up and I will get the day off for a trip.

The fishing has really dropped off, but with big tides and a high pressure system moving in, the fish should start showing back up.......

any other question let me know.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

I will be in telegraph cove week Thursday till after the long weekend don't know if you will still be there. The wife and I are are staying in one of the cabins on the boardwalk hope to see you there.

Hey there SS,

thanks,[^][8D]

Beacon

12.jpg

Back