Telegraph Cove

Backatit

Do you go to telegraph often and do you camp or stay on the boardwalk.

telegraphcove02.jpg

Good for you now that im not guiding up there anymore there are spots all around for halibut and lingcod I have had very good success off of the craycroft in front of bell rocks there is a bunch of pinnacles and holes you will have to time it right and backtroll it it an hour before a tide change and an hour after it can be GREAT.

Another spot is in between midsummer island and bonwick island off of there is a series of pinnacles there, I used to fish it on an ebb and used the islands as a break against the currents sometimes all you have to do is move over a 100 yds and then your drift is nice and long I would start at 120 ft and go untill 300 ft it was a reall good spot if fishing was slow.

Going to miss it up there first time in 16 years I WONT be there that area has treated me well and learned alot from up there in all the places I have fished it is the most scenic areas ever from the upper knight inlet with the glaciers to lizard pt which I think is the most beutiful spot ive seen especially with the morning sun.
Here is a few of my fav pics to you to enjoy!!!!

knights06scenic.jpg

coastalsprings2007011.jpg

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

You have to keep your eyes open when fishing near craycroft in the fog.

Here's a few pics of the action last week.

IMG_4020.jpg

Gaffed.jpg

OverTheRail.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

Crew.jpg

You have to keep your eyes open when fishing near craycroft in the fog.

Here's a few pics of the action last week.

IMG_4020.jpg

Gaffed.jpg

OverTheRail.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

Crew.jpg

We had a great week weather wise, picked up a bit one day out at George's bank, but there is always somewhere else to fish out of the wind. Some fog in the early mornings, but it burned off.

Good luck to those heading up that way.

Thanks Lazoman
I will be up that way next week
quote:Originally posted by lazoman

We had a great week weather wise, picked up a bit one day out at George's bank, but there is always somewhere else to fish out of the wind. Some fog in the early mornings, but it burned off.

Good luck to those heading up that way.

Beacon

12.jpg

Was out today. Fished Bere Pt, released one 8 lbs spring right off the bat, lots of feed but no other hits. Heard lots of talk from the guides at Sunds, ran down to Lizzard Pt. 20 boats there fishing, picked up one more small shaker. There was an early morning bite and around 6 fish were boated, then it died. Fished between Lizzard and Doneagle Pt, in 90-110' of water. Most fish were caught on something green and one on a Mustard and Relish[?].

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Thanks for the report sitka brings back memories as all them places you listed were my old stomping grounds used to love to fish black bluff a ton every morning thats where you would find me got most of my fish on the outside on the shelf off the point where all that kelp comes out.
I will really miss it up there.

Does this look familiar????
Coastalsprings2008082.jpg

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

couple of my favorites from there - both off the north side of Malcolm - agree, miss it too since my inlaws sold their place in Mitchell Bay - trying to work a trip up there this year thou

n622875657_97155_2765.jpg

fog1.jpg

Hey Deewar if you don't mind me asking who are your inlaws? My girlfriend grew up in Sointula and knows everybody. I know a few people around there too. Just curious.

dudds...Lynn & Walter Magee...I'm married to Alisha. We are good friends with the Turners in the big house behind the wharf - thats my target for a place to stay now...lol

Back