Telegraph Cove-mid June

Dragos

Good day everybody
I am planning a trip to Telegraph Cove mid June for about a week. We booked an RV site at the forest campground belonging to the resort. It’s two of us ( myself and my wife) and I will bring my 14 ft aluminum boat ( 25 hp Yamaha outboard) The boat is equipped with downriggers , chart plotter/ fish finder.
I was wondering if any of you can suggest what my fishing options would be ( based on my boat and what openings to expect based on previous years)
Any suggestions/ advice would be greatly appreciated
Best regards
Dragos

lings and hali are around. watch your tide crossing johnstone. jig around mitchell bay for hali and look for rock piles. lots around stubbs island but there is a big rca around there.it’s also very very grabby around stubbs

Well chinook is closed, it's early for coho so that leaves rockfish, ling and halibut. The good news is that thosre are available close just watch all of the RCAs around there. With good weather you have options

lings and hali are around. watch your tide crossing johnstone. jig around mitchell bay for hali and look for rock piles. lots around stubbs island but there is a big rca around there.it’s also very very grabby around stubbs
Thanks a lot !

Well chinook is closed, it's early for chinook so that leaves rockfish, ling and halibut. The good news is that 6hosr ate available close just watch all of the RCAs around there. With good weather you have options
Thank you !

You should check out alder bay resort for camping next time. It’s pretty laid back, they have a nice launch, and it’s right on the water with a beautiful view of the straight. I drove through that forest campground last year and was shocked at how tight and dark it was in there.

You should check out alder bay resort for camping next time. It’s pretty laid back, they have a nice launch, and it’s right on the water with a beautiful view of the straight. I drove through that forest campground last year and was shocked at how tight and dark it was in there.
Thanks ! Much appreciated. Next time we will consider Alder Bay for sure.

I fished and boat-camped that area for 10+ years in an open 16' boat with my wife -- the last 20+ in the 23' in my pic. Lots of good options - Plumper Islands, south end of Malcolm, as has been said. Try to get some advice, or watch from the raised area beside TC to see where the standing wave fields form on the Plumper Island side. Especially in NW against tide, it gets nasty -- and yet a different part of the channel will be much calmer.

We were all over the area - Echo Bay, Sullivan Bay, Lagoon Cove, etc -- the nastiest water we saw was just across from Telegraph Cove.

I fished and boat-camped that area for 10+ years in an open 16' boat with my wife -- the last 20+ in the 23' in my pic. Lots of good options - Plumper Islands, south end of Malcolm, as has been said. Try to get some advice, or watch from the raised area beside TC to see where the standing wave fields form on the Plumper Island side. Especially in NW against tide, it gets nasty -- and yet a different part of the channel will be much calmer.

We were all over the area - Echo Bay, Sullivan Bay, Lagoon Cove, etc -- the nastiest water we saw was just across from Telegraph Cove.
Great info ! Much , much appreciated !

We have one of the permanent sites in the forest campground and will be there in June. Come by and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.
20220430_180718.jpg

Or find me on my boat
20220622_152533.jpg
You'll love it at TC , most do

Alder bay is a great place to stay. Lots of fishing close by and a lot of great people there. We hope to get back there this year. Search posts by me as I had many great responses to my questions about that area.

Travelling in an 14ft boat on most days is asking for trouble. The weather and water conditions can and will change quickly..... good luck to you

We had our 14 ft Lund up there a couple years ago with no issues. All depends on the weather. Many beautiful spots to fish less than 5 miles from Alder bay. As with any boat common sense is a must.

Travelling in an 14ft boat on most days is asking for trouble. The weather and water conditions can and will change quickly..... good luck to you
So true but there's always a few out every year. At least it better than the 10' Porta boat with a dad and 2 little kids I saw out there a couple years ago.

Back