Teleflex kicker steering

Anyone been using the Teleflex kicker steering system that attaches to your existing sea star hydraulic steering. Want to put in on my boat this summer, done with bars that don't work. It's a little pricey but I use the boat for guiding and I'm on the water all summer so 400.00 for having a system that works isn't too bad.
Let me know what you guys think of it.
thanks
CS

We had it on our grady with a 200 merc, best system I have ever used! We would still have it on the boat if we didnt go verado. Buy it you will really like it!

I have it on my Grady as well. Works like clock work. You won't ever go back to a bar or anthing requiring a manual connection. Its the Gold Standard. Lift, steer, start and never worry about hitting/contact with your main.

My kicker doesn't have a tilt tube that they talk about in the install instructions it's an older Honda 9.9 it basically pivots on 2 bolts . Does the kit come with some kind of bracket to adapt the kicker or do I have to invent it

My kicker doesn't have a tilt tube that they talk about in the install instructions it's an older Honda 9.9 it basically pivots on 2 bolts . Does the kit come with some kind of bracket to adapt the kicker or do I have to invent it

you will have to invent it. There was no bracket to adapt as far as I can remember.

whats the distance from your main to your kicker? and is it offset at all?

No the kicker is not offset its mounted direct to transom ,no kicker bracket and it is approx. 18" centre of 225 main to centre of 9.9 kicker it kind of falls off their fancy chart

No the kicker is not offset its mounted direct to transom ,no kicker bracket and it is approx. 18" centre of 225 main to centre of 9.9 kicker it kind of falls off their fancy chart

That sucks man, you have the same set up as me and I had to return it. it probably wont fit. You can try the shortest one they have but other then that your only option is to get the longest one and throw a loop in it. I didnt, I returned it and will wait till they make a smaller one. my engine distance was 1 inch short and I did not want to try and force the cable in there and possibly kink it.

Rats I was hoping it would work. I hate hanging over with the easy steer I may have to look at some other setup that hooks up from inside

Rats I was hoping it would work. I hate hanging over with the easy steer I may have to look at some other setup that hooks up from inside

I hooked it up and realized it was not going to work.....I wonder if you email that guy from teleflex if he can custom make them to your size? I would be very interested in that, but i gave up as I was out of time for my first trip. Let me know what u come up with.

Just a heads up about the Telflex Kicker tie bar system. I just had an issue with mine. It turns out the people that installed it didn't lube the cable up sufficiently with grease during installation. This lead to it seizing over the winter. I attempted to turn the wheel when I was cleaning the boat up for launch this weekend and applied minor force on the cable breaking it. Repair cost $500 plus. Heads up. Lube the sh#t out of it if you have one. Its easy to break it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooly I spent the last couple of days fabricating some custom brackets so I can attach my easysteer on the front of motors instead of back no more having to hang over the back of boat .
Works sweet in the driveway. Will post some pics after sea trial

steering mods

wooly
the Teleflex wouldn't work on mine cause motors are too close together so here are some pics of what I did,it seems to work fine don't know why I didn't invent it years ago. First one shows how it normally was when your hanging over edge to hookup others are my mods where I can hookup nice and easy

[SUP]
[/SUP]

Attachments

• DPP_00888.jpg
    DPP_00888.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DPP_00889.jpg
    DPP_00889.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 86
  • DPP_00890.jpg
    DPP_00890.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 82