Tales From The Tyee Pool......2021..

I'm naive to this situation, there's no size limit in this area?

It's a special management area and encompasses the Tyee Pool, so no, no size restrictions in this area.

Take care.

Was quite a little flurry last night when the Tyee was taken saw 3 fish on. Good going Bruce congratulations.

Sure, but no Cabezon for you. Ha!

Take care.

I would sincerely like to apologize to all of you caught in this current torrential downpour.

I made the foolish rookie mistake of pumping my boat out at 3:00 PM today, in preparation for the rowing of Owen I was planning for this evening.

Before I was home it started to rain a bit, and the SE wind picked up a smidge, but certainly nothing to be concerned about.

And then the thunder started and the rain became more incessant.

Ominous would be the best description of the great outdoors, and then it really started to rain.

It rained so hard it blew my satellite service away, and in addition, it flooded us here quite badly.

Take a look.

DSCN6790.JPG

That is about 10 or 15 minutes worth of rain.

Here's another look.
DSCN6789.JPG

Just had a huge explosion right out the back of my unit, sounded like it hit something in the bush or the playground, plus there is continuing thunder. Great stuff!!

Again, I apologize for bailing out my boat prematurely, I should know better.

Take care.

PS: Don't think I'm going out tonight.

I would sincerely like to apologize to all of you caught in this current torrential downpour.

I made the foolish rookie mistake of pumping my boat out at 3:00 PM today, in preparation for the rowing of Owen I was planning for this evening.

Before I was home it started to rain a bit, and the SE wind picked up a smidge, but certainly nothing to be concerned about.

Ominous would be the best description of the great outdoors, and then it really started to rain.

It rained so hard it blew my satellite service away, and in addition, it flooded us here quite badly.

Take a look.

View attachment 69035

Here's another look.
View attachment 69036

Just had a huge explosion right out the back of my unit, sounded like it hit something in the bush or the playground, plus there is continuing thunder. Great stuff!!

Take care.

Get out there Dave it’s just a bit of water !!! Hehehe

Have seen a lot of rain here in the last 43 years here Dave but nothing like that storm. Flooded barn, fields was unbelievable rain.

Take a look.

View attachment 69035

Here's another look.
View attachment 69036

Take care.

Wow
We could use some down south. We only received 6.31 mm here in View Royal!
Good luck tomorrow Dave.
Stosh

I'm almost embarrassed that I missed what appears to have been a beautiful short period earlier when there was a double-rainbow over the pool more or less just as another Tyee was being registered.
I saw it on the webcam.
Don't tell Owen.

I'll call it Pearson's Double Rainbow, because there were two fish caught in the boat being rowed by the Mr. of the pair, only the first one, caught by the lady of the boat, was a tad shy at 26 lbs. so the Mr. decided to throw his line back in and row a bit more.
I'm told he didn't get all his line out before being bit, a Tyee fisherman's fantasy of course, but there he was, hooked up.

On the scale it weighed 30 lbs. and nine ounces, making it a Tyee for sure.
And, he gets credit as rower too.

Two fish from the same boat with one being a Tyee.
Not a bad outing.

Well done.

TyeePearson.jpg

Take care.

Last edited:
Congratulations Bruce and Rick ! Wife and I are thrilled for you guys , absolutely fantastic fish!
Thanks everyone. I worked a long time for this, learning from the masters. Thanks Fred. As a rower my guests had caught fish close to 30 lbs and had lost some big fish but this was the first tyee to make it into the boat. As you may know, I have had some shoulder issues the last couple of years and I complicated that last December by breaking my right wrist, so for now, rowing is out. Fortunately, my old friend Shane and my new friend Rick have volunteered to take over the rowing position. Thanks guys, you both deserve full credit for this. My clumbsy right hand sure got dusted a few times by the single action reel, but funny I did not feel it.

Thanks everyone. I worked a long time for this, learning from the masters. Thanks Fred. As a rower my guests had caught fish close to 30 lbs and had lost some big fish but this was the first tyee to make it into the boat. As you may know, I have had some shoulder issues the last couple of years and I complicated that last December by breaking my right wrist, so for now, rowing is out. Fortunately, my old friend Shane and my new friend Rick have volunteered to take over the rowing position. Thanks guys, you both deserve full credit for this. My clumbsy right hand sure got dusted a few times by the single action reel, but funny I did not feel it.

My chance to publicly thank you Bruce for de-watering a good portion of my boat before I got there yesterday.

Also to Bob at the Clubhouse for phoning me.

Much appreciated, so thank you very much.

And...........well done on your fish, sore knuckles and all.

Take care.

My chance to publicly thank you Bruce for de-watering a good portion of my boat before I got there yesterday.

Take care.
Hi Dave, did someone’s boat break away from the slip today?

Take care.
You are welcome. The boat was rolled towards the dock with only about an inch of freeboard left. After I got mine baled out, I looked at yours again and it was looking pretty perilous, so I atleast got the front half emtied out so it was level in the water again and sinking was no longer an issue. I went and asked Bob to phone you. I have lived on the Island all of my life and I have never seen rain like that. Bob said I looked liked a drowned rat.

From the photos on Facebook it looks like it's coming from upstream somewhere on the main stem of the river.

I heard it was hung up on something but been out of touch the past few hours, so know not what is updated situation.

Hoping for the best.

Take care.

Back