Sunshine Coast??

Pippen

I know there are a few people on the board who are up along the sunshine coast.

We are headed up to Nelson/Jervis this weekend....cruising up from Vancouver. Generally we head straight up past Nelson towards Desolation and points Northwards. I was just curious if anyone could steer me in the right direction for some prawning or crabs? I don't need anyone's 'secret stash';), just a general area to get some crabs/prawns to feed the cruisers. Not sure if there is a PM function on the site, but feel free if you can help out. I always tend to crab/prawn down in Howe Sound/English Bay waters....or up North past the Sunny Coast. But never right along the coast.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help out a bit.

Cheers...

Pip

You can pretty much prawn anywhere up there.... the commercial boys are prawning right now so try and steer clear of where they are, but fish in that general area. You'll see the floats on ur way up and have a good idea where to drop ;)... as for crabbing its not really that great.. unless I am doing something wrong.

Sweet... I couldn't remember when it was... thought it was sometime soon though!

Thanks

Thanks to both of you.

Does anyone ever prawn up Jervis or generally just out in the straight? We may make a run up Jervis one day just for some touring.

I would imagine there are prawns in Jervis.... guys prawn in the channel and stuff so I would say yes... but I have never prawned there yet.

Back