Stand Alone Chartplotter

So... I’m finding my tablet (map) has a tough time keeping direction at slow speeds. I also find it doesn’t show that many depths and the ones that do are off by 30-40 feet.
I’m thinking now I should just add a second fishfinder/ plotter to just handle the map and have my current one for the depth sounder.
I see this on amazon and I think it looks like a nice, detailed map. Good price. Also very good reviews.

What chip do I need for Vancouver island? Am I on the right track?

View attachment 41362
Stizzla: I just got the 7" version of the Humminbird you are looking at (got it at Trotac Victoria). The plotters come with Navionics + charting on a micro SD card which has very good detail for the areas I have checked out so far.
I haven't tested out the sonar much yet. I am using my Lowrance Elite 5 with new transducer as a full screen sounder and the Helix 7 as a full screen plotter. This has worked out well as the Helix 7 allows you to turn off the sonar if you want (if I didn't there would be interference with the Elite 5 sounder signal). If I use the Helix sounder I will turn the Elite 5 off to avoid interference with 2 sonar signals.
...Rob

I definitely saw that. I’m on the island though. Does the chip cover my area? Shipping?

I have a 7" Matrix 97 Hummingbird that I pulled out of my boat when I got it.It's probably original to the boat (2004) so old technology and it doesn't have a chip.Free for the taking if you or someone else wants it in Victoria.

So... I’m finding my tablet (map) has a tough time keeping direction at slow speeds. I also find it doesn’t show that many depths and the ones that do are off by 30-40 feet.
I’m thinking now I should just add a second fishfinder/ plotter to just handle the map and have my current one for the depth sounder.
I see this on amazon and I think it looks like a nice, detailed map. Good price. Also very good reviews.

What chip do I need for Vancouver island? Am I on the right track?

View attachment 41362

That's a solid unit and it will run a Navionics+ card which is what I would recommend. Get the Navionics+ Canada and Alaska card and you'll be set.

Back