Stamp

I think they might have made a bad call with the non stop netting...;)People need to start being held accountable for these poor decisions.

Just back from 4 days on the Stamp. Lost one large chinook and lots of coho. Did manage to land a few though. Coho runs are spotty. Best time is early morning. If it is sunny don't even bother. If you can't see them running they are not there and you are wasting your time.

Just back from 4 days on the Stamp. Lost one large chinook and lots of coho. Did manage to land a few though. Coho runs are spotty. Best time is early morning. If it is sunny don't even bother. If you can't see them running they are not there and you are wasting your time.

Drifted the top end Saturday.(hatchery to falls) Murder on the nerves through the several rock gardens. Water is low. For a 17' aluminum driftboat it was a tall order. We did make it through unscathed , but boy what a lot of work.

**************Butches place is blocked completely. Both access points are a no go!!!!!

Write a letter to the town ship of Port Alberni. Unbeleivable river with tons of fish. Guess they do not want to promote tourism though. No f#$% boat launches. Oh but they do have a great take out at service rd. Guess that is so Murphy can service his jets. I don't know........
The report: The river has fish throughout it's entire length. Lots of coho. Not as many Chinook that is for sure. But plenty to say the least.Typical, coho in the tailouts, with chinook in the deeper runs and pools.Summers were almost non existant. The snaggers were up to no good again at the various hotspots and doing well. CO's???????

As for fair fish , well we threw everything at them. So did several other guide boats . No go. these fish had lock jaw! Cutthroat were present and willing. Along with some large steelhead smolts.

After a heavy rainfall miday, a seemingly empty canal started showing jumpers . Seems as though several large schools decided to finally move through. Good luck guys, I won't bother again until summers on the top end.

Drifted the top end Saturday.(hatchery to falls) Murder on the nerves through the several rock gardens. Water is low. For a 17' aluminum driftboat it was a tall order. We did make it through unscathed , but boy what a lot of work.

**************Butches place is blocked completely. Both access points are a no go!!!!!

Write a letter to the town ship of Port Alberni. Unbeleivable river with tons of fish. Guess they do not want to promote tourism though. No f#$% boat launches. Oh but they do have a great take out at service rd. Guess that is so Murphy can service his jets. I don't know........
The report: The river has fish throughout it's entire length. Lots of coho. Not as many Chinook that is for sure. But plenty to say the least.Typical, coho in the tailouts, with chinook in the deeper runs and pools.Summers were almost non existant. The snaggers were up to no good again at the various hotspots and doing well. CO's???????

As for fair fish , well we threw everything at them. So did several other guide boats . No go. these fish had lock jaw! Cutthroat were present and willing. Along with some large steelhead smolts.

After a heavy rainfall miday, a seemingly empty canal started showing jumpers . Seems as though several large schools decided to finally move through. Good luck guys, I won't bother again until summers on the top end.

Just back from the Stamp River. Great place to go and a lot of fish in the river right now just not many biting for us. Hopefully the rains and rising water will make for better fishing. Oh yeah, the human thermometer I was with reports that the water is chilling off.

theres still a way to go before the 27,000 thousand escapement for chinook [:0] is it to early to say someone goofed????

fished sunday - hooked a couple of coho but mostly springs and a couple of chums. We sure didn't see any numbers of coho.

does anyone have a report from the flow for the poor working stiff:(

hmmmmm!!!!guess I will just have to do what I always do, go find out for myself:D

Hey Darmin

We fished our arses off last Thursday and Friday, fly rod and hardware. Caught 2 steelhead smolts and a bunch of Coors Lights, no salmonids, not much action on the river. A few guys caught Cohos up at the Bucket, we were downstrean , toward the gun range. One guy beside us hooked a 20 pound plus Spring but lost him due to poor line strength choice:D. It was alot slower than I thought it would be.

Cheers

GMac

The river is WAAAAY too high now, and only going to get worse with rain on the way.

thanks for the replies guys kind of thought she came up oh well guess that means im working around the house for a month or so then the winter steel :Dshould be showing up

Hey guys fished the upper stamp today with some buddies. Got into some ugly springs and a few coho. pretty far and few between tho
Chris

Our government SUCKS....there is no way that this should ever happen.

Our government SUCKS....there is no way that this should ever happen.

Back