Twins, Age & Hours

Capt_Ed

Crew Member
So one of the tubs that I'm looking at has twin 2011 Suzukis with under 200 hrs. I have no reason to not belive the hours but wondering if anyone has any thoughts on potential issues. He seems to use it every year , just not that much

Why don't you take the boat to a Suzuki dealer and get them to do an assessment on it. They can run the computer to check for how its been run since new, and while they are at it have them do a leak down test to double check that the piston rings are properly seated etc. Most boat owners don't put more than 50 hours a season on their engines and some way less.

So one of the tubs that I'm looking at has twin 2011 Suzukis with under 200 hrs. I have no reason to not belive the hours but wondering if anyone has any thoughts on potential issues. He seems to use it every year , just not that much
post up the tub.

post up the tub.
Had a buddy go look at it today as it's in his town in the USA. Not a great report, it may be off the list. Another I had my eye on just sold so I guess snooze you loose. The right one will come along , they always do no matter what your looking for , boats , cars , houses, wives

Sometimes it's not the right one, but the right now.

You're looking for a full cabin/cuddy 26-28 feet?
I'm looking for 19'- 23' , hardtop , low hour outboard or outboards , cuddy , 4 seats . I really like my buddies Arima 17 but would like a little bigger 19 or 21, Cheap on fuel. That being said the one in the states had twin 140s so I'm pretty open to whatever. I've been around and had aluminum boats lots and am done with them so fiberglass preferably, well you know unless the right aluminum deal comes along.

There’s a 2007 21’ Arima hardtop in Lacey , Wa. that was posted 5 days ago on Arima boats for Sale page . I’m too much of a ludite to be able to post links it seems… I google searched 21 ‘ Arima for sale and found it . A buddy of mine just bought a similar one and loves it . Great stable platform , economical to run for they’re size.

There’s a 2007 21’ Arima hardtop in Lacey , Wa. that was posted 5 days ago on Arima boats for Sale page . I’m too much of a ludite to be able to post links it seems… I google searched 21 ‘ Arima for sale and found it . A buddy of mine just bought a similar one and loves it . Great stable platform , economical to run for they’re size.
Seating looks limited on those boats for more than 3 people onboard …

Saw that one about a month ago, it would fit the bill except for one thing. The almost $70k canadian price tag , while not out of reach is deeper than I would like To be in a boat. I was really hoping to keep it under $50k.

This Hourston 20 is all ready for whatever power you want.
Have admired it since it came on the market. It's a little TOO nice for me , I would be pissed off everything it got a mark on it

Back