Stamp/Somass

Shake a paw, you caught some nice fish but none of those are high teens (that picture of the spring is more like a 20lber).I was simply asking to see the pics of the high teen fish in case you hadnt posted them yet. I dont need to post any pics to prove anything on here either but I will tell you Ive probably landed more fish in my past 4-5 times out than you have all season. I also have not caught/seen or heard of any high teens landed so far this year from daily reports from guides and die hard fishermen fishing 7 days a week.

Nice fish Chevy, at least your honest about the size of your fish. A 12 pound chromer is an awsome fish but the second you try to say its 16-17lbs you sound stupid.

Hey CSC whats your secret?

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Definitely a big fish, but it does kinda look like more low to mid teens than 19.2. I've got a few pics from this year & the last couple of some teener steelies for comparison, just wondering what others think??

This is the biggest steelhead caught in the Stamp that I have a pic of. I know for a fact that a guy did get a 23lb hatchery one year, but lets face it, these fish are extremely rare.
This one measured 39.5" x 18" . Depending on what formula you use to calculate weight, that puts it between 19.5 & 20.7lbs. I wish these guys had taken a couple of more pics, but they felt they had the fish out of the water long enough getting the measurements, so they only took the one pic & released it.

20lbsteelie-1.jpg

This buck measured 38" x 17" putting it somewhere between 16.5-17.5lbs.

Here's one I caught from a couple of weeks ago.... it weighed 14lbs. As a reference for comparison, I'm 6'6 & 310lbs.

Here's another one from last week...it weighed 13lbs...very long fish, but not all that much girth.

Here is one from a couple of days ago....it was guestimated to be between 13-14lbs. Looks about right to me, Anyone??

Stamp_Steelhead_2010_012.jpg

This is one from last February, I believe.....14.5lbs

A nice summer run buck from the upper...measured 36" x 16"...puts it between 14-15lbs.

december08001.jpg

Most of these fish, except for the first two, are within a couple of pounds of each other. Looking at the 19.2lber,IMHO, it just doesn't LOOK to be 5-6lbs bigger than these other fish. I'm not saying anything for sure or accusing anybody of anything, just pointing out how it looks to ME. Who knows, maybe my eyes are going as old age starts to set in....somedays, it's hard to see my contacts through the cataracts. :D

....it's not your eyes.

It's hard to tell but when a true 50 is landed in your boat you realize those 30's are a hell of alot smaller and , oh not quite the 50 you may have though it was.

Same applies to the Steel.

All beautiful fish none the less!

IMHO

HL

Man, people sure do get bent about this sort of thing. But it is never the skill of the fisherman that determines the size of the biter. Regardless, some nice fish guys. How's it been lately?

well maybe ill have 2 just start takin pics with my measuring tape on the fish....the fish my wife is holding was 36 inches....the fish im holding with the pontoons in the bakground was just about 37.

CSC.....i didnt say i had caught fish in the high teens....I SAID...i saw a couple of fish landed in the high teens.and 4 the record NO WAY have u got more fish in the last 4-5 outings than i have all season.unfortunately....(4 u guys)i dont always fish with a partner...so i dont always take pics.and cause i am calling those fish 16-17lbs...im STUPID[?][?][?]:(.WRONG CHOICE OF WORDS @$$HOLE:(.u put me in a boat with the same conditions....and ill out fish u ANYDAY.take that boat away from u and u wouldnt stand a chance.lets not 4get here peeps...im not pullin out some fancy fold up digital scale here...im SIMPLY goin on inches.its funny u know...cuz when i caught that big summer i was by myself but thought that if i threw him back(after taking a measurement of course)no 1 would believe me...so he got the blade.cuz lets face it..he is pretty dark..and now not even a pic is good enough.

anyways...nise fish chevy...
and nobody answered the original guestion...every1 was 2 quick 2 start judging and critisizing...but thats ok i expected it..or i wouldnt have posted:D.

heres a pic of a nice wild hen with a fellow fisher..and this is what i found first cast of the day.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg336/shakeapaw2009/Joe009.jpg

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg336/shakeapaw2009/002.jpg

now that youve seen my MUG...i think ill keep my pics between me and my friends...

shakes

spinnin pinnin and grinnin:D

Nice fish shakes. Who cares what other people say, some people have nothing better to do than stir the pot.. I should know as Im guilty of it from time to time[:p]

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Great pictures Shakes!

As for all the uninvited size estimating, this always happens... try not to take it personally. Everyone likes to be an expert on the weight of your fish ;) Me included!

Personally I could give a rats butt as well. Point is your numbers are there. Consistency, thats what it's all about. I'll take numbers anyday.

Don't think you need pictures or dead slabs to prove your ability. Face it people will never beleive stories anyways. You only need to know your own experiences.

Calling people out or comparing sucess rates is always a touchy subject.Actually it's kind of crazy. How could anyone say they are better than anyone else? It all depends on the given day , and on and on and on.
I wouldn't even entertain that sort of thing.(I'm always a little concerned that the fish gods would not be too happy ) Maybe the competitiveness is what it's all about for some guys though.

Anyways, great pics. I always love the fish ****. So thanks for posting guys!

HL

GEAT snaps Shakapaw,,,keep up the **** , and my oh my you are a handsome feller.....[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Wow, take it easy shake a paw. I said the fish you caught are nice but arent high teens like you had said. Also I think you must have me confused as somebody else, I dont fish in a jet boat more than 5-6 times a year. I guess it takes skill to catch the odd fish at the falls pool where they stack up though right? Hopefully I'll see you on the river soon and you can give me some pointers...;).

Since we're on the topic of our biggest Stamp steelies, I thought it might be fun if we posted our photos of the biggest Stamp fish, summer and winter. Summersteel has already added his and they're great photos. I haven't fished the Stamp too much, but here are mine.

Winter - Caught from the Slide pool (Beaver Creek Rd side):

StampJan15008.jpg

Summer (a real boot!) - Upper river:

Corysmonstersteelhead.jpg

I hear ya Steeliehead, this is beak headquarters. For the record, Stamp river summers arent bigger than the winters runs. I find the average winter is a pound or 2 bigger than the average summer.

SO. Chrome sweet chrome do you have any STEEL ****......[:eek:)]

Nice sized fish BL. Looks like the top one made it out of a net, too bad alot arent so lucky:(.

quote:Originally posted by ChromeSweetChrome

Nice sized fish BL. Looks like the top one made it out of a net, too bad alot arent so lucky:(.

Looks like it got out of a net & away from a seal or two!! Must be one tough son-of-a-fish [^] Haven't seen hardly any with bite marks so far this winter....hope it stays that way :)

quote:Originally posted by HOOTEY

I hear ya Steeliehead, this is beak headquarters. For the record, Stamp river summers arent bigger than the winters runs. I find the average winter is a pound or 2 bigger than the average summer.

SO. Chrome sweet chrome do you have any STEEL ****......[:eek:)]

ITS MY PASSION TO CATCH BOOTS AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

No Hootey I wish I had some pics to post but Ive never caught a steelhead. Thankfully I now know that the place to be is the Falls pool, so maybe now I'll finally catch one and can post some pics.

Back