Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

you are so full of crap everyday you get your limit early with nice fish I call B.S

Nice first post. Most of the big fish are caught by a small percentage of the fishermen and the top guides are in that category. Don't believe it; hang around the cleaning stations and confirm it for yourself.

you are so full of crap everyday you get your limit early with nice fish I call B.S

Stacker33, you are out to lunch. Profisher and some other guys on this forum are guides. Catching fish for clients is how they make their living!! They have built an enormous knowledge of the local fishing areas and techniques and are therefore much better fisherman than most of us will ever be. And they have posted pictures here to prove it, as you would see if you would only be courteous enough to search the forum before you put up your first post.
Yes it is hard to read the posts sometimes; I am a beginner myself and have only landed two summer chinook (18 and 11) in two summers of trying (winters are a little easier). But that is life....knowledge based on experience never comes for free!!

funny-pictures-no-thats-not-why-your-guests-left-early.jpg

Stacker33, you are out to lunch. Profisher and some other guys on this forum are guides. Catching fish for clients is how they make their living!! They have built an enormous knowledge of the local fishing areas and techniques and are therefore much better fisherman than most of us will ever be. And they have posted pictures here to prove it, as you would see if you would only be courteous enough to search the forum before you put up your first post.
Yes it is hard to read the posts sometimes; I am a beginner myself and have only landed two summer chinook (18 and 11) in two summers of trying (winters are a little easier). But that is life....knowledge based on experience never comes for free!!

Dude, I feel for you. At least your honest. Thats a great way to start! People are more likely to lend a hand to those who are humbled by the experience.

We gotta get you hitting them consistently. You need any info feel free to fire me an e-mail.

Profish and a bunch of other guys here have years of experience. .... Like it or not only a small percentage of the guys are logging the numbers.

HL

WAY better today got into a lot more springs hopefully a new batch are moving in... AWSOME day on the water even took out my 3 yr old nephew this afternoon he got his very first salmon and he love it he reeled it in all by himself he was so proud!!!!!!!!! of course i had to hold the pole for him LOL LOL but he got 2 i think ive created a monster boy kids at that age are like sponges..... thats what its all about ... fun times with family and friends....

Wolf

Red Hot was only pink hot today. Endless pinks, several good size socks and a few wild coho but only one tiny spring. Mis-speculated with my spot choice today I guess. Trap was apparently on fire. Lots of big springs came in from there today. Had a ball though. Next time is spring time again I hope.

Hey boys,has anyone been out for an evening fish lately? Went out first light on saturday till 930 1 about 20 at the trap reef & some humps & baby ho's. Just wondering how the evenings were.

Had a great day out on the water. Landed 3 good size springs with the biggest in the mid 30s. Lost another nice one at the boat. released a few shakers as well. Also caught 1 wild coho, 4 sockeye, and a whack of pinks. Heading out again early tomorrow morning for the day. Now to get some sleep!

Wow! Good to see so many new members on this board in last few weeks.

Welcome to all of you!

Had a German biz client of mine out today,does maybe 2 trips a year but always manages to grunt in a nice spring or two each trip...must pack a couple of horseshoes in the trunk of his bimmer or maybe I'm just a good skipper ;)... he may lack in the technique dept. & is not big on the run part!! I call em grunt & reel guys:D...sammy

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I feel for you. At least your honest. Thats a great way to start! People are more likely to lend a hand to those who are humbled by the experience.

We gotta get you hitting them consistently. You need any info feel free to fire me an e-mail.

Profish and a bunch of other guys here have years of experience. .... Like it or not only a small percentage of the guys are logging the numbers.

HL

Thanks Highlights.
PM'ed you yesterday. :cool:

GAWD damn i still cant figure out this damn making pics bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!1 and its from photo bucket it keeps saying file is too large so F it here is the pic!!!!!
FISHING was awsome today had a blast with these fellows again 2nd year for them 29.5,23,19,15 lber and pinks of course went to an old haunt im sure people were thinking "whats he doing here" LOL saw sammy out there good times ...

Attachments

• SOOKE SALMON 2011 106.jpg
    SOOKE SALMON 2011 106.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 254
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

yep nice boots Wolf gotta get some of them for my guests...just not sure if I can make em wear them:eek:...sammy

The Traps probably been one of the most contsistent spots for the last two weeks and is still holding bait and fish. It's funny how alot of the charter guys don't fish the Shack or Head when its been some of the best fishing this year ? Why run West when you don't have too !!

Back