Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Hey Way to go Drew. I was going to say that you should have come up to Renfrew. It was insane. ( I not sure if fishing can get any better ) However it sounds like you had your hands full in Sooke.
I'll give you a shout this week.

HL

Went out for a morning shift at possession. 20 pinks min and 2 hatch coho, 4 socks, and a 12&16 spring. Can't wait for socks to open. Shame watching them swim away!

Funny was near you and didnt get many pinks You been talking to "PAC" and got that hatchery pink roll going on?????WE got a couple of springs as well still kinda slow 1 here 1 there and 1 more and more

Attachments

• SOOKE SALMON 2011 075.jpg
    SOOKE SALMON 2011 075.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 112
Hey Rockfish...my buddy snapped off (what I thought) was a a sizeable spring friday night at otter. Where were you chasing that spring with a flasher? Just thought you may be able to shed some light on the size so I can rub it in. LOL. We also fished Saturday afternooon at otter. Good bite on for white springs in the 20 lb range...

Hey Rockfish...my buddy snapped off (what I thought) was a a sizeable spring friday night at otter. Where were you chasing that spring with a flasher? Just thought you may be able to shed some light on the size so I can rub it in. LOL. We also fished Saturday afternooon at otter. Good bite on for white springs in the 20 lb range...

As a matter of fact it was a bit east of Otter which we were trolling towards. Never got a good look at the fish (dark back and sun reflecting on water) but from the size of its fin out of the water a couple of times it was a good one. I called my buddy and he thinks it was a red edged plastic flasher with silver on the side we could see. To me it looked like the flash of the sun on a mirror and possibly that Three D. silver pattern look but it's hard to say. If we had not had three lines down and could turn faster we might have got him.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTEIf we had not had three lines down and could turn faster we might have got him. [/QUOTE] that's where that rigged casting rod comes in handy. cast between the flasher and the fish and he's yours.
T2

Last edited by a moderator:
sockeye?????????

fished possession and secratary this am caught 1 pink 1 25# spring and 5 sockeye nice size sockeye i cried while releasing the sockeye .There seems to be quite a sizable run. Has anyone heard if sporties will get a chance at them this year???

Has anyone heard if sporties will get a chance at them this year???
there's been talk of it. There is 2 gillnetters and 1 seine test boat working out of Renfrew, you might try the DFO site for their catch results--if they are starting to look healthy, there might be a chance.
T2

Fished from pedder bay to church rock today. Only 2 pinks but caught and released 8 sockeye. Nice size ones too. Hopefully they open it soon.

lucked out and got a 14lb ling in race passage while trolling.

Nice video Outnabout and great song too. Saw Supertramp 4-times.

Welcome to the forum!

Glens shirt matches the boat nicely :D

Mixed bag today Sox,pinks shook a spring b4 the orcas snagged it ...Dfo open the sox... there's tons & besides it's B.C Day;)...sammy

Heading to the Trap Shack tomorrow to fish for springs and sockeye (if they are really open). Haven't been out for a while and was wondering what the magic leader length and depth is right now? Was hoping you guys who are "in the zone" might give me some info.

Sox are NOT open yet.

We got 4 springs last weekend with purple haze flashers and green 3" coyote spoons. 6' leaders between 75' and 125'.

Just called DFO Victoria and talked to a fisheries officer. The Sockeye test numbers are up and it is looking positive for an opening soon so I guess for now it is hurry up and wait.

ITS good boys!!! fishfly wheres my 50 cents now !!!!! and good luck to all that are in the derby this weekend....

Wolf

Back