Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Had the nephew from Dead Rear AB out today lets say his carry/on will be a little on the heavy side on the flight back!... hit 14 springs today largest 25lbs...pinks & sox mixed in... good to see the boomer crew...fishn's slow stay home ;)...sammy

I am taking the litte ones, 7 and 9, out tomorrow morning in hopes for some pinks action. Is it still hot? any advice where/what?

Thanks,

Stefan

Hopefully this wind will die down for you the tip of secretary is always a good bet just watch and see what the other boats are doing I was hitting them as far down as 90 ft the other day fishing for them..

Good luck Wolf

Thick with pinks yesterday. Center rod out the back with a slip weight out fished everything for us. Pink hoochie, 40 inch leader. Even caught our first tyee of the year on it. released some stunning sockeye ( shedding a single tear from my eye) Beechy head 400 ft water
I am taking the litte ones, 7 and 9, out tomorrow morning in hopes for some pinks action. Is it still hot? any advice where/what?

Thanks,

Stefan

YES congrats boys saw you and the rampmy guess was bit under I saw it and said 36 to 38 lber but im always under in guessing bot what a beauty all spotted up. awsome fish and a good looking one at that.
Was on a humpy run mission yesterday did a few passes for springs then out and got a limit of pinks.

Wolf

from the dfo website........

SEE WE ARE BEING DISCRIMATED AGAINST ONCE AGAIN GOT TO LOVE DFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USELESS PIECES OF WORK...

The First Nations food, social and ceremonial fisheries for sockeye in marine
waters and the lower Fraser are now underway and will progress up the Fraser
River over the coming days. There are no planned commercial or recreational
fisheries at this time.

The next in-season meeting of the Panel is scheduled to occur on Tuesday August
2, 2011.

Thanks boys, beauty fish Bulldog played. It was a white one, devil fish we had to chase him. Thanks to the guys that got out of the way and let us play the fish at Possession. Thanks to the SSES for hosting a great event once again. Aiden chose the gear on the big fish (it was his red mirror flasher and bloody nose teaser) and thinks he could have reeled him in even though the fish was as long and weighed as much as he did. He is 5. Got a love it.

Hey Boys!

I have 2 relatives coming out wednesday night for a wedding this weekend. We were hoping to get out on the water this thursday morning. Pinks, Springs, catch and release. Either or, were not to worried. Just looking for a good time!
But it looks like the boat I had lined up isnt working out. I called two guide buddies I know with no luck.
Is there anybody on the forum that wants to take us out? Obviously we can contribute with fuel and what not, and the two of us are fairly expereinced with netting fish(correctly), trolling in crowded waters, checking gear, exc...
Or maby one of the guides like Wolf can private message me a price for the morning for the three of us. (im the younger guy that dilivers your pizza once in a while wolf)
Anyway, Thanks In advance guys!
Tight Lines!!

Jackel you are just saving up for a 300 bull that Bulldog and I are going to have to help pack out :) Please not on the top of Felix!!!

Congrats Bighorn! Any pictures? Very cool that your little guy was out there to be involved in the excitement.

Dave S Ya pretty cool having Aiden there he was so pumped. PM me. Did you get out at all? Was pretty sloppy all weekend out here, looks like a good day today.

Dave S here are some pics. It was 45" long.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Thanks, guys for the advice. My 7 year old daughter, 9 year old son, buddy and me had a great time this morning. 10 pinks and a small spring. Released about 4 wild coho. Lots got off too.

And a killer whale passed 6 feet from boat.

Wow!

Trolled from Otter to Sheringham today. First time that far west for this beginner. Hit pinks on the anchovy at 90 ft. within one minute of setting up first rod. Pinkfest continued crazy so tried pink squirt (nada) and coyote spoon at 60 feet to save bait. Still hit pinks on the spoon. Finally managed one very small hatchery coho and a 6lb Chinook at 120 feet. As he was a hatchery too and only my second summer Chinook we kept him. Day concluded with a fantastic Orca glide past through all the boats at Sheringham around lunch time. Had one mother and calf porpoise only 30 feet from the boat!! No large fish like the experts catch once again but fantastic day on the water getting a suntan.

WAS a fantastic !!! finally a day without wind.... we got these thinking old school!!!!!! 16 was the smallest and 24 the biggest. and tell me how tyou make the pics bigger?? as i cant figure it out??? LOL

Attachments

• SOOKE SALMON 2011 083.jpg
    SOOKE SALMON 2011 083.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 104
Hey Wolfie
I posted our pics from a photobucket acount and they came up big, probably just by fluke. Great pics, you guys had a great day!

Indeed great catch Wolf. Saw you go past us at Sheringham. Did not follow you......LOL. If I had I might have some idea what the hell you mean by "thinking old school"!! LMAO

Yeah went up there for a hali fish up off of jordan nothing on that........ got the salmon a bit closer to home.

Back