Smart tabs $120

Hey bigredsnapper, I'm in Victoria. I will be in parksville soon for a bit if that helps

Hey guys, I have some smart tabs for sale (ST1290-80) stainless steel version. Only used twice! I got these for a bargain and found they were too strong for my 17 foot sea ranger. $120 for them OBO. I am passing on the great savings I received.

http://www.nauticusinc.com/smart_tabs.htm

Biggy,why the quick turn around?...d1dn't work out?...sammy

You could just change out the actuators for the 60 lb ones ?

When I bought my Smart Tabs I picked the wrong actuators. Contacted the manufacturer and they sent me the correct ones.

I am extremely pleased with how the boat handles with Smart Tabs.

Yah, I really didn't like them, there is not much room on the Arima's first of all and it seemed to be causing some cavitation on my main motor while underway. The boat handled great in the smooth water, but when it came to some chop we got soaked. I could have contacted the Manufacture to get the 60lb strength ones, but I really didn't like not being able to control the attitude of the boat in different circumstances. I got a stingray instead and am quite happy with it. I didn't need much to get it out of the hole faster and almost no cavitation noise from the main. I know most Arima guys love them, I'm just not one of them and I didn't feel like spending more money to make them work for me. Better to let someone with a bigger boat enjoy these ones as I'm sure they will work for him. Bigredsnapper is going to get them.

yep, you are definitely the exception in the Arima fraternity ;)

Enniberg, I am going to take your suggestion and contact the manufacture and see if I can't get it resolved. I did like how they help my Arima bust up the waves in Renfrew, I just need it not to dig in so much. Could you PM me about how your transaction went with Nauticus and how much they charged for the 60lb actuators?

Sorry bigredsnapper for not selling them, I was making a hasty decision and should take the advice of a few of these experienced members on here. I sent you a PM.

No prob Biggy, if you change you mind let me know. I have Bennett tabs on there now but the fluid is leaking out. I thought I would just rip them out and put on the smart tabs and not worry about it. Gonna have a look a look at them and maybe post on the repair forum for some advice. Thanks anyway, BRS

Back