Simrad NSS9 evo3

Gerry V

Hey all,

Just purchased a new boat and it came with the Simrad NSS9 evo3.
Never had anything so fancy before and was wondering anyone’s thoughts on this unit. Still playing with it trying to get it setup properly and I’m sure I’ll get it in time but for now what are your pros and cons with this unit?
Thanks!!

I don’t think you’re going to find any cons with that unit. Have you used your phone as a hotspot and updated the unit? The new upgrades are really great, fish reveal combines sonar and structure scan both on your screen.

In my opinion is the best out there right now. Just make sure to update the software as mentioned above. I record all my tracks and upload them to C-Map Genesis so that I get 100% accurate maps.

WW

Thanks guys.
I’ll check for updates as it’s not even a month old to me, but we all now how fast technology changes. Really need to sit down and read the manual and get it all tuned in to work it’s best I suppose.

I don’t think you’re going to find any cons with that unit. Have you used your phone as a hotspot and updated the unit? The new upgrades are really great, fish reveal combines sonar and structure scan both on your screen.

The better dealers will tell you to update your software using your PC, NOT any mobile device. There is apparently too much chance of a momentary glitch which could make your unit inoperative.

FD

Back