Sidney Report

heading out for an evening flood tonight- maybe the bigger tides will push some in
Will keep you posted

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Missed the tide change due to tardy wife. Not a sniff from the powderwharf. Big butt tide change meant salad in the water.
Still made for a nice night on the chuck

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Missed the tide change due to tardy wife. Not a sniff from the powderwharf. Big butt tide change meant salad in the water.
Still made for a nice night on the chuck

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

For all you Sidney area fishermen who haven't seen it yet, here is the latest restriction for the area
quote:Subarea 19-6: Effective immediately until July 15, 2010 the daily limit is two (2) Chinook salmon per day of which only one (1) Chinook may be greater than 67 cm. The minimum size limit in this area is 62cm. Listed on 14/06/2010 FN0430

also the map:
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/opportunities-possibilites/PN/2010/18-19-20-29-co-ch.pdf
Think we all knew this was coming. Wondering how hard it's gonna be catching that slot salmon
5 cm slot? WTF!!

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Out last night for couple hours managed a couple in the teens and lost a couple.....
Fairfax pt.needlefish hootchies
Loads of bait around, the birds were coming up with their mouths full!

Heading out tomorrow morning for Fairfax, hope the bait is still around! Will report when I get back. Were you fishing right on the bottom Twinwinds?

Cheers

Nothing for me yesterday, one good bite but came off. Army Truck squirt. Lots of boats around but I didn't see many people catching.
Except Twinwinds of course!

Cheers

Managed 2 yesterday. First one came at 5:45am,14lbs(hatchery) and second one around 10:00am or so,18lbs(wild). Caught one on a chrome/blue spoon and the other on a green/pearl needlefish hootchie. The needlefish that was in the stomach was only about 1.5 to 2 inches long.

Lots of fun watching my 7 yr old son have the time of his life playing them out!

cheers

Any new reports for Sidney? I'm going out tonight for a couple of hours to see what shakes.

Thanks for any info,
'Hawk

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

Was out yesterday 7 fish total. released 4 smaller, lost a couple nice ones behind the boat and kept one around 8 lbs. needlefish hootchies and bait tight to the bottom (150 ft of water) fairfax pt.
A nice feed of Dungees to end the day! Be back out tomorrow or Sunday..................

Happy new year.

Was back out on Sunday. 5 fish total all from 8 to 15 lb's. Same place, same Gear. Another feed of Dungees to end the day as well.

Thanks Scott! Makes up for the previous 2 outings where all i caught was a cold.......Back to work now.
Happy new year.

We trolled off the southeast end of James Island Saturday. Ended up with our limit of springs between the two of us. All fish caught in 120 - 140 ft of water and dragging the bottom with purple haze squirts and glow flashers. We also released countless other springs at the side of the boat - I have never seen so many fish in this area before.

Was out at Fairfax this morning 2 12lber's right away. 140ft right on bottom. both fish on needlefish hootchies.

Back