Shout out of thanks.

Jeteye

I would like to put a big thank you out there to three people in the Campbell River, Quadra Island area that helped me out last week. Both my engines were contaminated with water and left me dead in the water and drifting towards the rocks 5 minutes after leaving the Heriot bay dock.

Steve ? for answering my request for help on the radio and towing us in; I still think you should have let me buy you supper and a beer but as you requested i will return the favour if ever needed.

Leif with Dual Fuel Services in Campbell River for coming right to the dock with his portable outfit and scrubbing approximately 4 gallons of water out of my tank, 110 gallon tank. I found him on Craigs list and i will be happy to share his contact info privately if anyone wants it. (a little on the pricy side but dumping and disposing of 110 gallons of gas and replacing it would have cost just as much. Yeah if i was at home near my own shop i could have filtered it my self blah blah blah). Leif was great even had his own little portable credit/debit card machine.

Frank with Quadra Marine Services for helping me flush my engines and rebuilding my kicker carb on such short notice. Every thing ran perfect when he was done and my holiday was saved. I will share his contact privately if anyone wants it as well.

We are thinking the water got in my tank from melting snow on the gas cap over the winter, i really don't think i would have gotten that much at the pumps but who knows. There was so much the filter was over whelmed and by the time the alarm went off the big engine was totally contaminated. Had no choice but to try and use the kicker to get back in but there was too much contamination and it died as well.

I will be carrying a small 5 gallon portable tank that i can plug into the kicker from now on as a precaution.

Had a similar experience a few years ago, when Ernie from Alberta/Uclueclet towed me the last 6 miles in to Ukee through some pretty rough seas and wind. Offered to pay Ernie, buy him dinner, a bottle of good scotch - and he said the same thing - help someone else if you can. Great guy - and I will certainly pay it forward when I can.

Back