Shore fishing - high or low tide?

islandboy

Now that we can get serious about salmon fishing my question (to all) is: Are the (Chinook) salmon closer to shore on a high or low tide?
Asking 'for a friend'. ;):D:rolleyes:

Now that we can get serious about salmon fishing my question (to all) is: Are the (Chinook) salmon closer to shore on a high or low tide?
Asking 'for a friend'. ;):D:rolleyes:
Definitely better fishing on a high tide as long as he can get safe access/wade and cast far out.

Generally speaking high tide for salmon and low for bottomfish. In my experience the last couple hrs of flood and first couple of ebb are primetime.

In my experience , salmon come in with the tide, usually chasing the bait forced up against the shoreline by current and predators. It makes for some of the most exciting fishing I have ever experienced! Often I can see the salmon chasing the bait . A well placed buzz bomb, my shore lure of choice, can lead to the wildest fight you can imagine. Nevermind trying to actually land a big spring. Caught my best chinook this way off the rocks at Fisgard lighthouse.

it now costs to get into the park I believe. years ago we caught many fish off the rocks out there. Always cool to walk through the park carrying a 20 lb spring.

You can fish off Fisgard lighthouse? I assumed they wouldn’t let you, gonna have to check it out.
Given 19-2 is closed you have to remember to always cast South. :rolleyes:

Back