SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great night!

Canucks pull it out in it and Tavares lit up the Islanders :p
i didnt hear much from you after the previous 6 Tavares games ;)
25-11-2
The only thing I’m losing sleep over tonight is getting up to go fishing tomorrow morning!
Still don’t get to break in the islander though :(
Monday it comes in the mail

Last edited:
i didnt hear much from you after the previous 6 Tavares games ;)
25-11-2
The only thing I’m losing sleep over tonight is getting up to go fishing tomorrow morning!
Still don’t get to break in the islander though :(
Monday it comes in the mail
Still no Cup since 1967.

Glad you’re getting out

Still no Cup since 1967.

Glad you’re getting out

Thanks! Not a good lunar day but I’m still gonna give it a go

Example:Red Sox didn’t win the World Series for like 80 years, Cubs over 100... the leafs I’ll win the cup again. Big question is: When? I’m guessing soon. Taveres in his prime for 5 more years, stars are getting some maturity and Anderson is proving to be a top level goalie.

Also agree that the Canucks are close to becoming a good team again. They are winning a few more games than they should as they are close to middle of the pack in terms of points. That won’t get you a top pick! Edler should be trade bait to a draft pick, and seeing how the Marlies are champions in their own right, the leafs have picks to give away. Also a reason they will win a cup again...They have a better than good farm system.

Let’s put this on ice. I have shakers to catch!

Only Canadian team in the win column but again the Canucks for 2 periods were under seige with little offensive zone presence. Got lucky and Markstrom again was on his game. Shows you how good goaltending camouflages team weaknesses. "Leafs?" Anderson, great ,Sparks no way. Edmonton in trouble again, gotta wonder what is really going on there. No secret I guess with a couple of stars and no team game?
Flames Gaudreau was at his best until he starting pouting after whining about his 2 minute penalty. Was the best player on the ice then just disappeared. As well Tkachuk was invisible after Gudbranson clobbered him to the end boards. Overtime,great result.
EP40 man, delightfully even more to come but when EP40 barely stepped aside from that dirty Bennett stucking out his leg I was pissed. No reaction from team was disappointing.
Sportsnet commentary panel was brutual with Flames homer Hurdy leading the way.

Edmonton in trouble again, gotta wonder what is really going on there. No secret I guess with a couple of stars and no team game?
Right-Hitchcock knows what needs to be done to win but they just won't do it.
Flames Gaudreau was at his best until he starting pouting after whining about his 2 minute penalty. Was the best player on the ice then just disappeared.
Yup he's a whiner and I personally have never seen him play a total game at the level he's capable of.
commentary panel was brutal with Flames homer Hurdy leading the way.
As per SOP.

Not getting a lot of hockey news down here in Tobago....just sun, heat, rum drinks and frosty Carib’s; have Gritty and my boys turned the corner yet?? o_O:oops::confused::(

Not sure what corner I am looking for but anything to make Gritty proud.

Canucks MIGHT make the playoffs , they would be a good warmup round for a long Flames run!!!
Now is the time for a good run if they have any chance although unlikely. They have a favourable schedule for January other than another stupid 10:00 am game today after a full day of travel and an emotional game against the Flamers and then back to backs against Ottawa and Montreal I am not expecting a good start. Toronto on the tail end as usual will be well rested with 1 game in 6 days against a team that traditionally does't play well on the final leg of a road trip.As per usual, only in Toronto they say. Would love a Flames vs Canucks playoff !

Perfect example of substandard goaltending by Neislen, 4 goals so far on 18 shots against a weak NJ team. Canucks in the 2nd played well enough but pretty deflating when your goalie belongs in the AHL. At 6'7 he consistently looses the net way to easily. Time for a Demko demo to see where he is at. Play hardball Benning as really nothing to lose at this point. DePietro looked great against the Czech's but again it's junior hockey. Reminds me a bit of Quick in LA. Let's hope that is the case.
On to the juniors hoping for a much better result.

I see the Canucks J. Benning played hardball this morning and pulled the trigger in trading Nilsson and Archibald to the Senators for a 6th pick, goalie McKenna and recently waived Pyatt. I guess they finally had had enough of Nilsson . Maybe Demko will get a shot as McKenna is up and down from the minors.

No biggie but a draft pick, you never know.

Last edited:
I see the Canucks J. Benning played hardball this morning and pulled the trigger in trading Nilsson and Archibald to the Senators for a 6th pick, goalie McKenna and recently waved Pyatt. I guess they finally had had enough of Nilsson . Maybe Demko will get a shot as McKenna is up and down from the minors?

No biggie but a draft pick, you never know.
They need to get Demko some NHL experience and Nillson would have been claimed off waivers so they got a 6th round pick and 2 more bodies for an under manned Utica roster

Overall good trade to get a pick. But don’t forget about archibald. Looked like ok 4th liner last year
Yah, the 6th pick has some leverage for maybe something bigger. JB has 3 six round picks this upcoming 2019 draft.
Time maybe to look at moving Goldobin and a couple 6th's for someone young in the minors who has the potential to play a 200 ft game.
Goldobins stats are there although padded by EP40 but his 200' game which Greene prefers is just not there anytime soon. With Sutters return upcoming possibly something more intriguing is on the horizon?

I hope they trade Sutter and Edler. EP40 Horvat Gaudette beagle in years to come. No room for sutter and he’s a guy playoff team would love on their team. Edler as a rental would fetch a 1st for sure.

I'm off to the see the Canadians play the Finland today... should be fun to watch :)

Should be a loud crowd, Canada has been underwhelming so far, hopefully they can get it together tonight! The Swiss are giving the Swedes all they can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back