SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiPietro played a great game and kept Canada in it. Hate to say it, but Fins carried the play most of the game.
Biggest mistake was the choice for the penalty shot. Should have chosen a finesse player to take it. No movement at all with the puck.
Hate when we loose.

Predictable outcome as I wasn't expecting much tonight against the Leafs. Horvat, Edler and BB were on their game, the rest no so much. 3 games out of 4 we were shut out and played without a wimper. Leafs played a tidy game with little pushback but again a schedule friendly game for the beloved Leafs. Hockey is all about repetition, when you don't necessarily have enough top end talent you must consistently practise your system. Canucks having played the most games in the league, most away games and only 24 hours with a full roster what can you expect. As a comparison the Leafs have not been out of their time zone since mid November.
Over to the Juniors. Entertaining ! Quinn Hughes looks just ok, hope there is more to come. Sign him now and turf either DelGottago or Pouliot who by the way was horrible this evening. Play Demko, Quinn and fill the seats short term.

Did I remember seeing somebody bet on every team in the juniors but Finland. Whoever that was, I’m sorry, that sucks.

Wanna play cards?!

Did I remember seeing somebody bet on every team in the juniors but Finland. Whoever that was, I’m sorry, that sucks.

Wanna play cards?!
Haha, yup that was me. I think the Finns were the best team in the tourney by the end, they kept improving and looked good. I was pretty sure I was going to lose my bet before the final game played.

Haha, yup that was me. I think the Finns were the best team in the tourney by the end, they kept improving and looked good. I was pretty sure I was going to lose my bet before the final game played.
Good attitude!

Damm Shaw's Sportsnet West feed on the mainland was down for the whole evening. Not sure why Shaw didn't move the feed over to the national Sportsnet 360? Oh wait, Leafs evening highlights! Go figure and if this was to happen in Toronto Don Cherry would be calling Trudeau to parachute in the troops.
As for the game, just saw a few highlights. I visited the liquor cabinet early and then joined the wife to catch a Dancing with the Stars rerun. Delightful.

Damm Shaw's Sportsnet West feed on the mainland was down for the whole evening. Not sure why Shaw didn't move the feed over to the national Sportsnet 360? Oh wait, Leafs evening highlights! Go figure and if this was to happen in Toronto Don Cherry would be calling Trudeau to parachute in the troops.
As for the game, just saw a few highlights. I visited the liquor cabinet early and then joined the wife to catch a Dancing with the Stars rerun. Delightful.
Time to switch to Telus, never had it go down.

Time to switch to Telus, never had it go down.
Can't do, the wife is so fixed on Shaw and the reason being she doesn't want to confuse her PVR and the 40 years of saved soap operas.
We both worked for 35 years at TELUS and we do get concessions under their Ambassador program so your guess is as good as mine as to why not. Give me a break and trust me I have tried. LOL.

Canucks played well last night. The downside of beating teams close to them in the standings is it will hurt them in the draft. The draft is projected to be pretty good this year. Obviously there is Hughes, but there are also projected to be some pretty good players in the top 8. Canucks do not have enough top end talent to compete any time soon, so need at least one more year of a top 6 pick. Finishing in 18-20 place, not in the playoffs, not in the zone with high end draft talent makes it tough to get better. You end up like Carolina. Canucks drafting has been hit and miss, so they need high picks. I guess those don't guarantee anything, Virtanen and Juolevi were high picks. but they could have had Ehlers instead of Virtanen, and not picking Tkachuk over Juolevi was a predictable screw up on draft day. Both their 2nd round picks from 2 years ago (Lind, Gadjovich- 1 goal between them this season) haven't been able to adapt to the AHL so not much in the pipeline other than Hughes and Dipietro.

Most complete game of the season last night for the Canucks. Motivated I guess about the Matheson incident. Luongo was at his best and fitting that our fans have always showed their appreciation. Still some passengers though in my opinion as Virtanen looks like he is playing scared and needs to step it up or he will be seeing the end of the bench soon. Frustrating player and if he could only take a book on Motte's play. Goldy just not getting it and maybe it's time for him to move on. Another frustrating player.

Toronto's favourite team the Leafs are again in a tailspin with indifferent play since Nylanders return. Got a wonder what the future holds as Gardiner was booed off the ice and more importantly the Leafs are 1-12-1 when trailing after 2 periods. Sure tell sign that their team game is a miss and the primadonna's are too busy padding their stats.
Time is now for a significant trade to upgrade the defence and just maybe shock the team into winning a few puck battles.Hopefully Vancouver steps up or else the lull will continue and TSN's ratings will take a beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back