SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
look what the seagulls dragged in ,
thats a really low blow pips
WTF

if i was leafs fan , wouldnt i be posting everyday telling everyone how good we are ,

:)

Haha.....no....it's more of "look what the southern US and mormons kicked out". Have been down in the US for work lately.

I do agree....low, low blow.

Add to that I was in TO a couple weeks ago when the Leaves were playing the west Coast team that wears Sea foam. I was in a bar in the Sheraton attached to the airport where you would expect a good amount of transients. A game that meant **** and guys are saying while they won....”I am gonna take a month of work WHEN they win the cup this year”. High fiving the other Leaf Davidians (see Waco) like they were Mexicans breaking down Trumps wall that is gonna be built but is still not there.

Canucks -Oilers game was entertaining with a very good team effort from the Canucks. Great match up. Motte was a beast. I think the Canucks are gaining some confidence as what it takes for them to be successful. Statement game. You can see why Hitchcock systems have differently improved the Oilers though. Other than McJesus who I felt was invisible for most of the game the Oilers seemed slow tonight for some reason. Maybe Horvat was doing his job as well.
Winnipeg- Tampa Bay game of the year.
Calgary fans, when are you going to thank us for gifting you Tkachuk ?

I believe that’s 3 wins in a row for the team that’s never had a #1 draft pick over the team that has had many including the NHL’s best player :)

Calgary fans, when are you going to thank us for gifting you Tkachuk ?
You knew taking Juolevi over Tkachuk was a mistake on draft day. Canucks have a defenseman who can't play any defence in the AHL while Calgary has a Star Power forward. Can add in taking Virtanen over Ehlers, and McCann over Pastrnak and we can dream of what might have been....

You knew taking Juolevi over Tkachuk was a mistake on draft day. Canucks have a defenseman who can't play any defence in the AHL while Calgary has a Star Power forward. Can add in taking Virtanen over Ehlers, and McCann over Pastrnak and we can dream of what might have been....
Agree California no question as for Benning not sure what he was thinking as I understand Tkachuk was not even interviewed. Dumb move. Ehlers I can live with as Virtanen is finally showing his upside and we will see what we really have when or if the Canucks ever get into the playoffs. Virtanen over Nylander dumb as well. Pasternak, lots of teams passed on him as well.
Speaking of the Leafs our favourite sons I see are still at the beach recouporating after 2 consecutive losses in the state of Florida. Still a couple of extra days off to come before heading to New Jersey. The Leafs love the NHL scheduler.

yup we sucked , never showed up
nice win,,,

fd
McDavid of course showed up along with Nurse but after that no much happening as the Oilers were stymied in the offensive zone. Lucic was a beast as well, slow but effective as everyone knows when he is on the ice. Last night a couple of his hits though could have been considered charging. Especially the one where he took about a 50' run.

Flyers forge forward undefeated after trouncing last year's Cinderella story thanks to the awakening of the most famous mascot in all of sports who can be currently seen working the late night talk show circuit among other appearances.

View attachment 40749
Well I see the mighty flyers have fired coach Hakstol this morning replacing him with their AHL coach short term.
Fletcher is going to blow the team up for sure now. What' s important is how will Gritty handle all the fuss.

Last edited:
Tough loss for the Canucks last night but was reasonably happy that they stood up for their teammates this time.
What I didn't like was Martel' brutual headshot being only a 2 minute penalty, the smile in the penalty box and the fist pump from the TB coach. Pretty much showed his lack of concern or well being of Stetcher in his post interview. 2nd game of the season for Martel so this is how you have another Bertuzzi/Moore incident.Broadcaster Garrett pretty much summed it up.
We will see what DPOS says about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back