SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section 115. Row 8 for all the games. If you’re there tonight let me know. Swiss up 2-0 against Sweden right now. IF they can hang on, wow. Canada has to win this game then as we play winner of that game.

I hope they trade Sutter and Edler. EP40 Horvat Gaudette beagle in years to come. No room for sutter and he’s a guy playoff team would love on their team. Edler as a rental would fetch a 1st for sure.
In my opinion I don't see Sutter being traded as he was JB' first significant trade and he always plays a dependable 200' ft game that JB loves. Injury prone though so just maybe it's a possibility. Beagle for sure is the same type of player and if either one is expendable it will take a significant offer that would have to set the Canucks for the foreseeable future. As for Edler, Fishtofino mentioned that someone in the know says he will not waive his NMC. Too bad as it makes total sense. A 1st puts them in a position to offer something big to get the overall #1 and J. Hughes.

Last edited:
DiPietro getting some love from the local fans tonight!

Maybe his performance factored, even a little, in the decision to get things moving in the Goalie depth chart within the organization.

Nilsson gone. DiPietro to Utica for next year. Let Bachman and the guy they got from Ottawa (or whatever other plug) to tag team next year. Just as they did this year with Thatcher Demko.

Will be awesome to see Demko get some looks and do well with the big club this year.

Getting a 1st for Edler and a 2nd or something for Sutter like a useful younger player would certainly be a nice boost to rebuild.

We can't lose them for nothing like Hamhuis etc...

Getting a 1st for Edler and a 2nd or something for Sutter like a useful younger player would certainly be a nice boost to rebuild.

We can't lose them for nothing like Hamhuis etc...
I doubt any team would give up a 1st for Edler

Man or man what a heartbreaking loss, Dobson's shattered stick on an open net and then off a stick for the win in OT. A cheeky last second 3rd period goal and it's over, too bad but DePietro was outstanding . Hockey gods took over no doubt.
To top it all off Utunen a Canucks draft pick in 2018 scores the game winner.

Last edited:
I gotta think he’s a second rounder also. 3 years ago 1st round for sure
Catch 22, if Edler waves his NMC at the trade deadline and say Toronto who is in dire need of a solid defencman in my opinion take the deal if Toronto offers a first or don't do it. A 2nd doesn't accomplish anything so if I was Edler then, a new 2-3 year contract with the Canucks next year would not include a hometown discount. A 1st looks good on both Benning and Edler. His desire is to resign I understand but if he doesn't a 1st at least looks good on paper.
Anyway I look at it, Edler is worth a 1st at the right time to the right team otherwise no need to trade him. He is a solid although frustrating to watch at times 1st pairing defencman.

I highly doubt anyone would give up a 1st for Edler knowing it's only short term with Edler bent on resigning here. looks like a non issue anyways, lol.

All the media is talking about is the broken stick in the Finland game, what about the missed empty net, clear shot from just inside the blue line with goalie pulled and about 2 min left in game, that was the biggest gaff imho, 2nd was DiPietro having his stick on such an angle to make that tying goal even possible. sucks to lose but looking forward to the rest of the tourney, have some longshot bets on the swiss (90 to 1) and Russians (12-1) and today got 2.9-1 on usa as a hedge, Finns are the only ones who can cost me, probably will just like they cost all of us yesterday, lol.

They didnt play to win... they played to lose IMO. Like nincat said the missed empty netter, the comtois choke, DiPietro letting in soft goals killed us.

Can you believe there was no response from the lacklustre Canucks on that so called clean interference check on EP40. This passive team has a franchise player in the making and until the management decides to protect EP40 he won't last the season this way. It's total BS, the league players know it and Benning has to address this immediately or the fan/media base will crucify the whole organization. There was hope and a positive feel but this is one quick way to empty the building. We will see in the 3rd if there is any response. No excuses and if the likes of Schaller can't fulfill their roles get players who will. It's that simply and I don't want to hear they just got tangled up and fell awkwardly. No question it was a penalty but that is not the point. An apology, give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back