Sea Sport Explorers

I too like the diesel option. They are not as finicky as gas, and don't have the same degree of risk of fire. Seen too many gas boats go sideways in my earlier commercial life. A basically maintained diesel which is not hard to do has piece of mind. Really nice 2700 diesel for sale in Ladysmith right now.

Sirreel, Gotta agree with you on that ! If you travel and explore, diesel is the way to go! My buddy did a 2 month trip victoria to Alaska this summer and his fuel bill for a 32' twin diesel running 14knots was a bargain compared to what I would have spent with my gasser on the 2,200 miles he covered! Always hard to find that perfect combo without breaking the bank account!

I've seen the ad for the Navigator as well. If memory serves me, it has a 200hp Volvo. Any one know how that performs in that size of boat or for that matter in the explorers?
Obviously the torque would help. Are the Volvo legs standing up well to the torque?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked back a few pages to the pictures of your Navigator Sir Reel. Nice boat, would have never guessed it was a 96. Does it have the 200hp. Is the extra 3 feet all in the cabin or is the cockpit bigger too?

Just looked back a few pages to the pictures of your Navigator Sir Reel. Nice boat, would have never guessed it was a 96. Does it have the 200hp. Is the extra 3 feet all in the cabin or is the cockpit bigger too?
Thanks! It was kept in good shape before I bought it but I have done lots of extra work on it. Really happy with the boat and what it allows me to do. The extra 3 feet is in the cabin. You get a larger head/galley and forward facing seat as well as the dinette. The 2700 also has a taller cabin than the 24. You step down along way into the 24 cabin. I have the exact same engine in my 2700 Explorer. It is the AD41/DP and has no electronics or super charger(has turbo). They changed them around 98 to the KAD44 260HP which has electronics and super charger. However mine cruises all day long at 25mph and burning 5GPH. Hits a top speed of 30 knots. The super charger helps it get on plane easier and cuts out at about 2500rpm when the Turbo takes over. I have heard the super chargers are noisy a lower RPM
With the torque and duoprop it still planes down to about 15mph without seeming to strain.
One thing I have noticed is does not seem to matter how much weight I have on board. performance is the same. I have 137 gallons of fuel and 35 gallons of water, dinghy, plus gear and 3 guys seems to perform the same as empty and by myself.
I was told by a few folks that the AD41/DP was the best engine of this series. Simple and bulletproof with no electronics to fail. Oil changes and clean fuel is all it needs.

I would think this slightly smaller and lighter 24' Explorer would be just right with this engine.
Mine has the same hours too about 930. was told these can go 8,000 to 10,000 hours no problem.

This 24 seems like a good price. Someone will be happy with it.

Back