Grady Explorer $59,500

Oscar162

Thought I would list again within this community prior to the usual venues... I've adjusted the price to $59,500 FIRM. Had it listed with Thunderbird for a few weeks but just couldn't get on the same page as the broker (what I'm requesting is what I needed to get after the broker took his piece of the pie). Had it listed prior to that ... was some interest and an offer that fell through.

92' Grady White Explorer 24' (1st yr SV2 hull) w/05' Yamaha 250 (650 hrs), 06' Yamaha 8hp kicker w/Tr1-autopilot, Webasto Diesel heat, 2 x Scotty electric down riggers, Ace puller, flush toilet w/holding tank, benett tabs, new stainless thru-hulls, radar/plotter/VHF/bluetooth stereo, all cushions int/ext (in good condition), all season cover, shorelander galvanized roller trailer, Dickinson BBQ. Hull is in fantastic shape... I would challenge anyone to find one in better shape of the same vintage.

Early last summer I had a thrust bearing failure that lead to an expensive repair ($6k) including replacing the block/heads. I was lucky enough to get Ryan Neff (Neff Marine Services - thanks to all from this forum that recommended him... solid dude). He has thoroughly gone through the main and replaced anything that required attention. Although I'm not "required" to disclose any of this... I would want to know - and feel it is a selling feature to the right buyer. I can arrange a conversation with Ryan (for a serious buyer) that will confirm the details. Ryan is well respected tech that doesn't cut corners... ask anyone that's been lucky enough to have used him.

I own the boat with a partner that's priorities have shifted... he's building a cabin and understandably wants to focus his time/money in that direction. Not entirely sure what's next for me... I do some PT guiding for a local outfit (Pursuit Sportfishing) and have plenty of friends with similar boats to help me "scratch the itch" for now...considering a project... we'll see.

Cheers, Owen

PM for details... will leave it up here for a week before I post elsewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 299
Thought I would list again within this community prior to the usual venues... I've adjusted the price to $59,500 FIRM. Had it listed with Thunderbird for a few weeks but just couldn't get on the same page as the broker (what I'm requesting is what I needed to get after the broker took his piece of the pie). Had it listed prior to that ... was some interest and an offer that fell through.

92' Grady White Explorer 24' (1st yr SV2 hull) w/05' Yamaha 250 (650 hrs), 06' Yamaha 8hp kicker w/Tr1-autopilot, Webasto Diesel heat, 2 x Scotty electric down riggers, Ace puller, flush toilet w/holding tank, benett tabs, new stainless thru-hulls, radar/plotter/VHF/bluetooth stereo, all cushions int/ext (in good condition), all season cover, shorelander galvanized roller trailer, Dickinson BBQ. Hull is in fantastic shape... I would challenge anyone to find one in better shape of the same vintage.

Early last summer I had a thrust bearing failure that lead to an expensive repair ($6k) including replacing the block/heads. I was lucky enough to get Ryan Neff (Neff Marine Services - thanks to all from this forum that recommended him... solid dude). He has thoroughly gone through the main and replaced anything that required attention. Although I'm not "required" to disclose any of this... I would want to know - and feel it is a selling feature to the right buyer. I can arrange a conversation with Ryan (for a serious buyer) that will confirm the details. Ryan is well respected tech that doesn't cut corners... ask anyone that's been lucky enough to have used him.

I own the boat with a partner that's priorities have shifted... he's building a cabin and understandably wants to focus his time/money in that direction. Not entirely sure what's next for me... I do some PT guiding for a local outfit (Pursuit Sportfishing) and have plenty of friends with similar boats to help me "scratch the itch" for now...considering a project... we'll see.

Cheers, Owen

@Rayvon

Cheers, Owen

Can confirm the stuff about Ryan, he's my neighbour and is a really good guy.

Thought I would share part of a convo from this a.m. with a forum member that outlines, in more detail, work that's been completed on the main...

Yes it's been advertised on/off... a combination of not quite being ready to sell (a difficult decision to unload my dream boat), and being stubborn on the price. Truth is if I could financially pull off buying my partner out I would likely keep it.

Last June I left Port Moody for an outing and about 10 minutes out of Port Moody I lost enough power that I came off step... thought I had maybe snagged a crab pot or ???. I quickly noticed a knocking from the powerhead and made an easy decision to run back to the launch on the kicker. I proceeded to reach out to all the local Yamaha dealerships... who had ridiculously long waits to even have the issue diagnosed... let alone repaired (stressing the whole time about being bent over by these notoriously expensive dealers that had me by the balls). I reached out through this forum for other options, and Ryan Neff's name kept popping up. I reached out and found out we are both firefighters in the lower mainland and know a lot of the same people. Perfect. He agreed to help me out, and quickly diagnosed the issue as a "thrust bearing failure". In a nutshell the block would need to be replaced, as well as the heads (they were corroded upon inspection, and were more than likely the root cause of the failure). As luck would have it Ryan had what I needed (he has a shop full of used Yamaha parts from 2hp - 350hp). The block /heads are used "low hour" parts... thoroughly inspected / tested prior to install. Ryan is very meticulous, and would not have suggested this route if he didn't think it was a good option. The 30k for a new outboard was not a realistic solution... this was the next best thing. Having the powerhead / lower unit removed exposed all of the areas of corrosion you are mentioning... all good (Apparently is was the 225's that suffered from the bulk of the corrosion issues). All was reassembled, anything requiring attention was repaired or replaced. Just prior to the failure I had completed a fairly major service (I am mechanical... but know when I'm over my head)... new prop seal, water pump impeller kit, thermostats, block anodes, spark plugs and all new fluids. This motor is as good as it can be... I don't know what else to say. As mentioned in my post I can arrange a convo with Ryan for a serious buyer.

As for the hull... I am confident it is solid, and would welcome any structural inspection. The only known issue's I can think of are a dome light switch at the helm needs replacing, and it could use a new transducer ( I bullshitted a snapped transducer w/some sikaflex... kinda hokey but has worked fine for 2 seasons). Like I said, I don't think there is a cleaner boat around for the vintage... as you know these boats are well over 200k new.

The trailer is pretty solid, a few cracked rollers could be replaced but function fine. I repacked the bearings (also has bearing buddies) recently, and replaced the lights.

We all have our own idea of excellent condition... Having been around these boats a fair bit myself... this is a good one.

Not sure if this is the unicorn you are looking for...but happy to answer any further questions or pass along more pics.

Cheers, Owen

Back