Sea Sport Explorers

The boat was in decent shape, just needs some polishing and general clean up. Sherwood hasn't done any detail work to it. Mi would think the Yami's are the same age as the boat itself.

I was going to jump on the ferry to check this boat out but wanted to sea trial it before making an offer. I guess they want a written offer accepted by the owner with a deposit before they'll do that. I'm not going to go through that for a boat I might not even like. I can understand that they don't want to waste their time doing the trial and having to clean the boat up.I'll keep looking south for the right deal on a pilothouse. I do want to get out on one of these to see if it's the right boat for me. There's quite a few in Washington just not a lot of outboards.

I was going to jump on the ferry to check this boat out but wanted to sea trial it before making an offer. I guess they want a written offer accepted by the owner with a deposit before they'll do that. I'm not going to go through that for a boat I might not even like. I can understand that they don't want to waste their time doing the trial and having to clean the boat up.I'll keep looking south for the right deal on a pilothouse. I do want to get out on one of these to see if it's the right boat for me. There's quite a few in Washington just not a lot of outboards.

If you are looking to take a ride in one sometime just let me know. My boat is really close to Blaine so it would be an easy hop across the border for you. Or can wait until December and come down for a day of Blackmouth fishing which can be pretty good. Just let me know. Boat is a 2007 24xl with the yamaha 250.

Gabe

If you are looking to take a ride in one sometime just let me know. My boat is really close to Blaine so it would be an easy hop across the border for you. Or can wait until December and come down for a day of Blackmouth fishing which can be pretty good. Just let me know. Boat is a 2007 24xl with the yamaha 250.

Gabe

That would be awesome Gabe! I'm just in Langley so I'm real close. Would be very close comparison to what I'm looking for.

I'll pm you.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry.

I got a 2008 XL with a Volvo IO, I'm in Victoria if you want to see that version. Boat is always in water and ready to go. I'm self employed so anytime is good with me

Barrie

Hey thanks Barrie! I may end up taking you up on that. Sounds like a good opportunity to really get to know these boats from people who own them. Can't do better than that.

That boat has been for sale for months now that I've seen. Strange it hasn't sold for that price. I'm not looking for a diesel so never contacted him.

I've got the 5.0 Volvo in my 2008 24 SS. I also looked at diesel, I only do WCVI for 2 weeks every year and most of my local fishing is a 12 mile or less round trip and I'm trolling on a kicker. If I ran 40 miles round trip to fish everytime out, then I would buy diesel . Just could not see the hype on diesel being worth while for my use, plus the repairs are waaaay easier on the wallet with gas! I still think for the average guy, fuel is the cheapest part of owning a boat! If You are spending $50- $150K on a boat plus a truck to tow it or $280 a month for mooorage and you worry about saving money, then maybe golf is your game! Thats my 2cents.

Well the low hump does take some getting use too. The Bigger back deck on the XL helps a lot, but you do give up some of the creature comforts of the Explorer.

I can see not wanting the hump. Would be nice having a flat deck and all that storage room down below. Always a trade off with something though.
I am going to use my boat for more than fishing and plan to do some up north exploring trips. If I put on a 100 hours a summer I figure I can save $3000 to $4000 per year in fuel costs with the diesel over outboard or gas stern drive. That advantage might soon disappear if I have any Volvo engine or leg problems as they are pricey to repair.

Back