Salmon in Victoria lately?

Went to the head again. Tried mackral instead of herring. 20 minutes and BANG..69lb.Then again after 10 minutes...54lb.
Finally...:D

Hey Trailer: I thought this thread is about salmon? Do you want to make us believe you caught a 69 and 54 lbs salmon? C'mon, stick to the subject! ;)

A couple of hours of fishing off Clover Point resulted in a nice 10 lb spring that's currently on the BBQ!

Thanks Bananas and Craven for the fishing tip! :D

Chris 73 - why be a nerd, a good report is a report; it's still talking about fishing 15 minutes away from home here in Vic., wheres your report?

quote:Originally posted by Luna

Chris 73 - why be a nerd, a good report is a report; it's still talking about fishing 15 minutes away from home here in Vic., wheres your report? You can't figuire out he is talking butts....i am confused
. I guess it's common to catch salmon that big off the front this time of year, lol

i agree with chris, i dont know of many hali's caught off the head, i assume mrtrailer means beachy head, and if those were salmon well i think the rest of us will just either bow down and quite or rush out there for our share, so maybe more acurate reports would be great, reports are great but they should make sense

Albert Head Luna.Your posts I'll respond to. The others...well...

Nicely done MT!! Couple beauties! Thanks for the report. Great to hear the flatties are still around in good numbers. I'll be prawning for a couple weeks but may have to try for some halis afterwards.

Mrtrailer--you're killing me! I have been on the couch with a #@$%% cold all weekend. I could see you fishing the head from my house the other day and convinced myself that you probably didn't get anything.
Seriously tho, good to hear someone is catching.
T2

No Rigours

tks for clearing that up mrtrailer, i never even thought about albert head, must still have salmon on the brain, congrats

Hey congrats mrtrailer, that'll help fill the freezer. Where around here do you get mackeral for bait? I'm going to start buying my large herring from Save-On frozen fish department, way way cheaper than buying them as frozen bait:)

quote:Originally posted by Gerry

Hey congrats mrtrailer, that'll help fill the freezer. Where around here do you get mackeral for bait? I'm going to start buying my large herring from Save-On frozen fish department, way way cheaper than buying them as frozen bait:)
Thanks,
I get the Mackeral from Super Store in Langford.6 for $5.And they are REAL frozen.lol.I put them in the fridge the afternoon before going the next day,so they have,give or take,15-16 hours to thaw out.
Just feel that big bait=big fish. :)

quote:Originally posted by Mrtrailer

quote:Originally posted by Gerry

Thanks,
I get the Mackeral from Super Store in Langford.6 for $5.And they are REAL frozen.lol.I put them in the fridge the afternoon before going the next day,so they have,give or take,15-16 hours to thaw out.
Just feel that big bait=big fish. :)
AND .....I realize this is a salmon thread but...wanna talk/read about a 4 lb. fish and where it was caught?

The seals are getting better at catching their own salmon.
Twice over the weekend i saw a seal chewing on a salmon right off Clover
point. No other angler's around.
The gulls were flopping around picking up bits and pieces.
I got close enough to see that one of those fish was a nice one.
(low teens anyway)

ya,front was good to me.
Picked up a 16lb. from Sydney Harbour and a 69lb. hali from the Powder Wharf.
Great day and saw a few Orka's. :D

Chased coho on the tidelines for one last time yesterday morning with spoons and hootchies. Flat calm. Started at Christopher Point and angled out into the strait until I was 5 miles off Sooke. Lots of shakers but no cohos. Fished depths from 40 feet all the way to 120 feet. Not much bait offshore but there sure was tons of bait close in.

No more chasing cohos for me this year. They just aren't there in any numbers. What a difference from this time last year.

Back