Salmon Confidential film by Alexandra Morton Now Online!

Someone needs to take the issue to court about letting the fish farms be tested and examined at will by the general public.

I think that is a basic lawful challenge which could easily be overturned in a court. For example, if your moored boat "seems" to be leaking gas and oil and poses an environmental risk...authorities then take over and manage the situation. Well, the same issue should apply to agriculture.....for example toxic run off from Farmer's fields...pesticides, etc....

It would be expensive to take a run at it.

In government corporations and agencies the "muffling" and "Silencing of the Lambs" is very much prevalent....in the same fashion as what is going on with the Food Inspection Agency, Health Canada and the DFO as depicted in the video. The issue is that bureaucrats just want to cover their own butt and manage the Public Relations so that they get to warm the chair and do as little as possible. The evidence is definitely overwhelming and raises more questions than anyone in the farming industry, government and BC ministry of Agriculture has answers for.

The unfortunate problem is that the ones making the most money in these positions of power in the government agencies are making the decisions of what is best for the citizens of Canada and BC.

As it turns out, I heard a story where a senior Ottawa DFO officials daughter is married to a guy who is a major player in the BC Atlantic Farming Industry. That's news worthy...imagine if this hit the news!

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a story where a senior Ottawa DFO officials daughter is married to a guy who is a major player in the BC Atlantic Farming Industry.

LOL DFO is so bent over by this industry not only are they giving them access to our pristine waters, giving them exemption to mess over ecosystems, giving them free propaganda but they are giving them their daughters too!!

Hello marine harvest? This is DFO. Come to Canada, we have good farming sites, we are willing to lie to our people and we won't complain if our wild fish are wiped out. Oh... That isn't enough? Just a sec let me e mail you a pic of my daughter she just turned 21 and can be included in the deal.

Need to increase awareness of the salmon farm disease issues to ensure the viability of wild salmon, once the wild fish are gone there is nothing to protect.
Surprised that not more sporties are making this a primary concern.
Alex Morton and David Suzuki presenting Salmon Confidential at the Stanley Theater April 18, suggest anyone who can should attend.
Need a strong rally to protect our resource and recreation for us and our children!
GA

www.salmonaresared.org
www.salmonconfidential.ca

Last edited by a moderator:
as most know most of the farms are not even Canadian owned
so proves to many that its just about private business making money
using our waters as a free landfill site to line a few pockets.
as stated in the film if there was nothing to hide why shut the research down.

here is the kicker you want to promote more fish then use the natural wild stock
and fund the enhancement hatchery's with private funding (fish farmers)(and give them a percentage of the returns).
estuary netting openings etc when runs return.
then there would really be no need for the net pens and no need of Atlantic fish in BC waters
so simple its stupid.

but that's my own opinion and many would shoot it down but its one where all parties would work together
rather than battling like the political BS where seeing

Farmed fish

yet this bugs me even more - the government accepts the disease and thinks its fine.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1TR0lbdTGco

Personally I think that farmed fish are disgusting. I would not touch one with a ten foot fork. Does anyone even want to eat a diseased fish? I plan to post this video and make as much noise as possible on my facebook, twitter, word of mouth etc. until farms are gone from our estuaries and all British Columbian's should do the same.

At least for now I am still entitled to an opinion.

I listen to a radio station in vancouver in the morning, 99.3 the Fox...cause i like the morning show. They were talking about Salmon confidential and how amazed/disgusted/uneducated they were. The info is getting out there, just a matter of time for the lice/pathogen farmers :)

rivers inlet on bc coast was once the bristol bay of bc supporting hundreds of fishermen in past years ; has had no fishery for at least 10 yrs; alexandra morton found isa in smolts ; but dfo says no ; but proof is in the pudding no sockeye spawners left, shame on dfo shame on us; same on cultis lake sockeye dfo found isa in them also but wont admit anything. shame shame shame

I'll be in attendance at the Stanley Theatre screening of Salmon Confidential on Thursday, April 18th. I'm sure I'll see some of you there. David Suzuki and Alex Morton will be introducing the film.

The quickest fix for this issue, IMHO, is to do whatever it takes to prevail upon our government to separate the conflicting agendas that have created this mess to begin with. On the one hand, DFO is mandated to act as stewards to our wild salmon resource, and on the other hand they are expected to promote commerce arising from aquaculture, even though it is becoming more and more clear that it is being done at the expense of responsible management of the wild fish stocks.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone in their right mind would think it's okay to jeopardize the wild fish by allowing open net aquaculture to continue as it has for years, when it has been proven that there is a better, safer, more economical way to allow aquaculture companies to go about their business, yet still protect our fish.

If I enjoyed a certain non native fish, and transplanted it to my favorite local lake....you would be so far in jail, you'd have to be fed with a sling shot! Why are atlantic salmon in the Pacific? could it be that simple

This movie will be shown at Timberline Theatre in CR on Monday April 22nd at 7:00 PM. Alexandra Morton will be in atendance. Addmittance by donation. Come show your support.

Back