Rod Holders

Fishallspec

Lots of talk on another thread regarding rod holders. So as not to hijack it, I see some guys like the Scotty Striker, the Orca looks very strong and some guys use stainless steel ones. The new HP Scotty riggers come with nice rod holders ? I have also seen guys moving the riggers inboard a bit while trolling. I can see this aiding in the side loads of the holders. Since the fellow lost his gear on the other thread. How many really use tethers? I have never seen anybody doing it but cannot be a bad idea. lets hear what your using and what the benefits are.
RPM

Personally I think that tethers are just another way to lose a fish, if you have to unclip it before you set the hook it just gives more time for the fish to spit the hook. Even if it is a long tether you still don’t get as much freedom when playing the fish and it can get tangled. If you have good holders or just replace them every couple years you should be just fine.

I'll figure out this photo sharing thing one day....anyway this is the system I use. Pretty flawless. For Halibut I prefer to use the striker.

I'll figure out this photo sharing thing one day....anyway this is the system I use. Pretty flawless. For Halibut I prefer to use the striker.
Whole set up looks tight. Nice work Captain.
come on, I am not the only who zoomed in and checked that sweet set up everything in its place, and a place for everyone. Tight.

Ya, I'm pretty OCD on organizing the boat. Everything has a place, and goes back to where it belongs - less time tracking down stuff. When the bites on, every second matters. And the older I get, the less I like to work at it. Keep things as simple as possible.

Ya, I'm pretty OCD on organizing the boat. Everything has a place, and goes back to where it belongs - less time tracking down stuff. When the bites on, every second matters. And the older I get, the less I like to work at it. Keep things as simple as possible.
I think those red handled needle nose pliers should be up on the top level of the shelf but maybe I’m just more ocd hahaha

Back