Robbed again..

Find an old used tank, fill half way with gas and a litre of acetone in it, the thieves will never steal gas again, whatever engine gets that mix will last 5 minutes.

3months after we bought our house my neighbor comes over and asks if I have a hydraulic hose for his mercruiser tilt/trim unit. No I say, I'm more of an outboard guy. He actually comes back with" Oh well, guess I'll just have to go steal one then".

So I got one of these:

View attachment 17090

****** deal with your neighbour Clint. I have heard a few stories about poison and steaks and of course if your rural........BOOM! Thieves don't care about dog's if they want it they want it. Best defense is to be home and ready. Dog's take care of the kids at best. If someone is on crystal meth or other they will do what they have to do. Just sayin'. Nice looking dog by the way.

Cheers,
John

Hey Jeff, here's a story that will warm your heart. So a few years ago there was a rash of thefts from boats at my Marina. Mostly boats down at the end of my slip were getting nailed, and almost every other night.

One of the guys got pissed off and decided to sleep on his boat as extra security. Sure enough he wakes up to a guy coming into his boat and jumps up with baseball bat in hand. A very short chase ensued down the dock while he was speaking with 911 operator who is screaming at him to just wait for the police who are on the way.

He corners the guy at the very end of the slip. He has no where to go. Kind of like a caged rat. 911 operator still yelling at him to back off and wait as police are right there, which by they they were arriving. Mr. scum thief decides his only option is to jump in and swim for it. Its looking like a winning strategy until the dog man arrives and lets the dog on him as he is crawling out of the water. Guys resists, dog shreds him up. Placed in cuffs and off to the hospital for stitches and jail. Good guys one, scum bag zero. Pay back sucks. :cool:

Jeff,
My shop was broken into a few weeks back and since then I have installed a wireless camera system from Costco made by lorex
comes with a 500g PVR and you also have the ability to monitor from your smart phone, they also are motion activated so as soon as a motion alert is triggered I get
a snapshot of what triggered it emailed to my phone as well as the pvr recording in the house, cameras work incredibly well in total darkness as well
may be a nice thing to have when your out of town-no worries

Hey Jeff, here's a story that will warm your heart. So a few years ago there was a rash of thefts from boats at my Marina. Mostly boats down at the end of my slip were getting nailed, and almost every other night.

One of the guys got pissed off and decided to sleep on his boat as extra security. Sure enough he wakes up to a guy coming into his boat and jumps up with baseball bat in hand. A very short chase ensued down the dock while he was speaking with 911 operator who is screaming at him to just wait for the police who are on the way.

He corners the guy at the very end of the slip. He has no where to go. Kind of like a caged rat. 911 operator still yelling at him to back off and wait as police are right there, which by they they were arriving. Mr. scum thief decides his only option is to jump in and swim for it. Its looking like a winning strategy until the dog man arrives and lets the dog on him as he is crawling out of the water. Guys resists, dog shreds him up. Placed in cuffs and off to the hospital for stitches and jail. Good guys one, scum bag zero. Pay back sucks. :cool:

That is a good story! karma's a *****....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff,
My shop was broken into a few weeks back and since then I have installed a wireless camera system from Costco made by lorex
comes with a 500g PVR and you also have the ability to monitor from your smart phone, they also are motion activated so as soon as a motion alert is triggered I get
a snapshot of what triggered it emailed to my phone as well as the pvr recording in the house, cameras work incredibly well in total darkness as well
may be a nice thing to have when your out of town-no worries

this i what i want to look into .. Probably worth every penny..

Sorry to hear that dude, junkies here will take anything. Get yourself one of these, d-link ip camera. Easy to set up and motion activated or recorded 24/7, plus sends u instant email alerts when motion is detected. $100 I think for the one cam which has night vision capability. Have 3 of these covering my property and worth their weight in gold. Lemmi know if u want more info.image.jpg

for sure do some counter action,, i like the acetone idea... or sugar

JUST make sure you label it so you dont use it by mistake.... LOL write felt pen on saying premium marked good gas with stabill on it or something last thing you want is to wreck your own engine....

The only negative side to the trap is that they know where you live and you don't know where they live. They may come back to even the score by damaging more of your stuff.

Ya honestly dont think it was someone scoping out my kicker , more like punks stealing gas, like i said , it is right in front of my livingroom window, kicker is secure and my boat wont be in my driveway when i go back to work, my buddy down the road a bit has dual mastif security system..

Back