Rivers Inlet Timing

Hi All
I am new to this site and have a question about timing the run up at Rivers Inlet.
I have the opportunity to go up with a group to RI for a week starting the 10th of July 2010. I have never fished that area before, I mostly fish the west side of VI in early to mid August for Springs. My concern is that tMid July might be too early in the run. It will be an expensive trip and I do not want to go up before the big Springs get there.
Does anyone have knowledge or advice on this area.
Thanks in Advance,
John

Mid July is too early...go later.

That's to early. I fish north of River's the first week of August every year targeting fish that are heading to Rivers so July is to early

www.bearcovecottages.ca
Port Hardy BC
Canada

John, I'm not making the trip for this exact reason. I assume this is with the Grady Club?

Thanks guys,
That's what I thought too, I will see if I can't persuade the masses to push the trip to mid August.
We must follow the rules of fishing -
Fish where the fish are.

Way too early. I have been there a couple of times to the place to fish. Our first time we went July 28th to August 5th the best fishing was the middle portion of the trip. The next time was August 10th through the 17th and fishing was all time great until the day we got there didn't have a bite until day 6. So with my limited knowledge of talking with people my best guess is about the end of July to about the 12th of August is best. It should be good there this year as far as not many people up there this summer. I have fished with Rivers Inlt Resort and they are closed this year. I have also heard that King Salmon resort is not opening as well as a couple of smaller ones. The economy is sadly taking its toll on everything.

Back