Rivers Inlet reports

Has anyone heard any reports from there this year? Since the closure of 2 lodges I would have to think that fishing pressure is very low. I cannot afford to go with the lodges that are left, just wondering? My wife and I just really love the area. I know how most of you feel about Rivers and could care less, but if anyone has heard about the fishing it would be great to hear about it.

The last I heard was 5 guys from Alberta fished for 4 days a week ago and caught 1 fish 42 pounds.Not very good.

That might be fantastic for 5 guys from Alberta!! :D

quote:Originally posted by clearwaterB

Has anyone heard any reports from there this year? Since the closure of 2 lodges I would have to think that fishing pressure is very low. I cannot afford to go with the lodges that are left, just wondering? My wife and I just really love the area. I know how most of you feel about Rivers and could care less, but if anyone has heard about the fishing it would be great to hear about it.
If you could care less about what others think than why bother being a member of the forum? Just asking? [:eek:)]

I asked because some people like it there, just not the majority of guys further south. I love being a member beacuse there is some great info, and entertaining banter that goes on here. As a neighbor south of your borders it is interesting to see that you guys have the same struggles we do with fishing runs, hatcheries, etc. I wish as fishermen ( and women ) we all could come toghether to get our governments to do what is right for the fish, not their wallets.

The lodges that were closed this year were Rivers Inlet Resort, and Oak Bay's King Salmon Resort.

RIR was great to us, but from what happened last year, not so great to the empoyees. That is understating what happened.

I hope someone can buy the lodge and make it operational again.

quote:Originally posted by Fishtofino

If you could care less about what others think than why bother being a member of the forum? Just asking? [:eek:)]

You should learn to interpret the written english word properly before you take your jabs at someone. "I know how most of you feel about Rivers and could care less" means that most people could care less about River's, didn't mean that he could care less that most people don't care about River's...

Just sayin! ;)

No reports? Heading to Spider Island in a week and then to Rivers Inlet for a couple days to hunt for a trophy.

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25

quote:Originally posted by Fishtofino

You should learn to interpret the written english word properly before you take your jabs at someone. "I know how most of you feel about Rivers and could care less" means that most people could care less about River's, didn't mean that he could care less that most people don't care about River's...

Just sayin! ;)
Sounds like you've had too much Deewar

Back