Rental Fishing boats in Ukee or Tofino

trendsetter

Anyone know of a place that rents fishing boats out of Ukee or Tofino? I know seabeam does in bamfield but their boats aren't big enough to leave the inside. Hoping there might be an option out there for some experienced fisherman. The ferries are pretty costly for towing a boat even on their new cheaper days.

Cheers

Not that I've found and the one place that rents out of Nootka won't let you take their boats outside at all.

i think seabeam has a bigger boat for rent.. try them.

I know for sure that Westview Marina has at least 2 large well equipped boats. Not sure of the size-they are at least 22 ft but I think 24ft. They are certified for outside and I know they have all the bells and whistles an experienced guy would want. Tahsis is pretty good to fish out of-you can go down to Nootka or fish Pin rock or any of the other well known off-shore areas. John knows the outside and inside and he loves to get guys on fish-good option to beat the insurance and ferry blues. Not sure of the price but I thought at the time that was a great deal for a boat like that.

I know for sure that Westview Marina has at least 2 large well equipped boats. Not sure of the size-they are at least 22 ft but I think 24ft. They are certified for outside and I know they have all the bells and whistles an experienced guy would want. Tahsis is pretty good to fish out of-you can go down to Nootka or fish Pin rock or any of the other well known off-shore areas. John knows the outside and inside and he loves to get guys on fish-good option to beat the insurance and ferry blues. Not sure of the price but I thought at the time that was a great deal for a boat like that.

I just checked their website and you're right. That boat looks awesome. Though I've never fished out of tahsis so I would definitely be looking for some tips. Will be considering this option. Thanks.

Moutcha Bay also rents boats. 18' - 24' for both full and half day. They let anything over 21' go outside is what they told me on the phone! The provide all the safety gear, basic fishing gear too...not sure about gps etc...maybe another option to consider. John at Westview is great to deal with too!

There used to be an outfit called Salmon Boats - had a couple of decent aluminum boats that were seen in Ukee on a regular basis. Did they go out of business?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

How do these places qualify a person for a boat rental?

Just produce a boat-operator's card?

Yes... or a rental boat safety checklist/safety orientation... basically a temporary boaters card the rental agency issues to the renter for the duration of the rental. http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/marinesafety/rental-boat-safety-checklist.pdf. Huge damage deposit via pre-auth. credit card is usually another way they qualify their renters.

There was a rental boat outfit out of Alberni, salmonboats.ca but this is what their facebook page says...

SalmonBoats.ca

March 25

We regret to inform our clients that the owners of Salmon Boats have decided to cease operations immediately. We will not be taking bookings for the 2014 summer season.

We are now accepting offers on the boats. Please direct any inquiries to info@salmonboats.ca..

Too bad, they had nice boats for rent.

Last edited by a moderator:
those are heck of a nice boats you've got for rent John,
If I didn't have my own I'd be all over that. Nice to see these available and I'm sure they'll be busy this summer! look to be very seaworthy!

Back