Reels???

Ha ha.....PM sent.

Tomictime - You must be into Lean Six Sigma, poke-yoke, and kaizen events. I am looking at getting the a new 3/4 ton dodge diesel. I have a 2002 F150 and it is ok for pullin my boat, but I need just a lil more.

Single action is the biggest challenge and the most fun especially when fishing for coho at a fast 3 or 4 knot plug cut troll.
I still have my Daiwa after thirty years which does not have a one-way quick retrieve.
When a fish hits, the drag must be set just right. When I retreive, the drag must be loosened. God help me if the fish turns when I least expect it. My hands must be ready to roll and palm at just the right pressure.
Sure, I risk a "rat's nest" but it's all part of the game.

I have used a Peetz woodie since I was ten and love the added feel that comes with afew good headshakes and a 150 yard run.
That and it's too hard to palm a levelwind;)

Hey any of you level wind guys ever hear of a Penn levelwind 350? I have one in mint shape. Anyone know how it works or if it's worth it?

KISS Principle.

Shimano 1000's and 3000's, 14' Lund SV and a GMC Suburban.

The reward for going with tradition, an Island elk tag. :D :D

Single action rules. Far more sporting, however my girls like levelwinds but I'am sure one day they will grow out of them[^]

Back