Prince Rupert

devers

Looking at possibly coming up to Prince Rupert in August.

I have a HEWES Sportsman (18 1/2) which I have fished out of in Nootka Sound. Can it handle PR water ?

How far out of PR are fishing grounds/areas ?

Cheers,

Hello Devers, look at page 6 there is some information on Prince Rupert. I have a 15.5 ft ocean sport and am able to get out most days. lots of good fishing within 12 to 16 miles.lots of coho in aug. will be going out 23 aug. and then they can be close in.

Devers - Yes it will work fine, some days you might have to turn back, but not very often.
I used to use a 18 ft Harbercraft jet boat, I used out there a couple trips a year, worked good, rough at times, make sure you have a Gps unit with mapping, fog can get real bad, any time of day.

Just got back from Rupert and the fishing was excellent. Many coho and the springs were there as well, just a little spotty as they can be. Didn't get any tyees this time. Hali's were every where.

Your boat will be just fine if you pay attention to the weather. I only have a 18 ft campion explorer and we fished everyday for 12 days.If you have charts and gps you will be laughing.

Good luck, RO

Thx for info.

I have good GPS (Lowrance 337) but no kicker motor at the moment.

Cheers,

quote:Originally posted by K45

Devers - Yes it will work fine, some days you might have to turn back, but not very often.
I used to use a 18 ft Harbercraft jet boat, I used out there a couple trips a year, worked good, rough at times, make sure you have a Gps unit with mapping, fog can get real bad, any time of day.

Back