Prawning closed areas

Thunder21

So I’ve been out on the water alot this winter. Around 20ish days since December 1st. Nearly everyday I’m out, the same FN person is out prawning while the entire area is closed and then taking them home to sell. Not sure how many traps but I’ve been told a string of around 40. Fisheries drives right by and has to see the bouys but does nothing. I’m not trying to start anything here but is this really where we are at these days? I understand reconciliation but it seems pretty excessive. A part of me would like to call the guy in but it seems like a waste of time. Anyone ever have luck in these situations ? I’m sure it happens all over the coast.

So I’ve been out on the water alot this winter. Around 20ish days since December 1st. Nearly everyday I’m out, the same FN person is out prawning while the entire area is closed and then taking them home to sell. Not sure how many traps but I’ve been told a string of around 40. Fisheries drives right by and has to see the bouys but does nothing. I’m not trying to start anything here but is this really where we are at these days? I understand reconciliation but it seems pretty excessive. A part of me would like to call the guy in but it seems like a waste of time. Anyone ever have luck in these situations ? I’m sure it happens all over the coast.

In this day and age you'll be raked over the coals and called a racist, hope it gets to the day we all say fk it and just go fishing to

this could be anywhere on the coast. just another divide. and its egger time.

Back